How to edit text in the "products" editor?

Highlighted
3 0 0

When I enter the products section, I see a list of products I've imported. Upon clicking one of the products, I see a text window where I can edit text and all that good stuff. How do I change text size in that window?

Thank you

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
167 0 8

Hi, Jiangyi!

This is May from Shopify.

Thank you for posting your question here. Just to clarify, are you wanting to make your product description text bigger on your products page? If so, you will need to make this change by editing your theme code, since the rich text editor does not have a feature for changing the font size, or you can add a custom CSS on the rich text editor.

If you’d like to make your product description text bigger for only a certain products, I recommend adding a CSS style on the product’s rich text editor. Here’s how you can do that!

1. From admin, go to ‘Products’ and select a product you wish to edit.

2. On the rich text editor, click on the ‘<>’ icon.

3. Add this code on the very bottom of your description

<style> 
      .rte { 
         font-size: 30px;
      } 
    </style> 

You can change ‘30px’ to different numbers depending on how big you want your font to be.

4. Click ‘Save’.

If you want to make all of your product description text bigger, you’ll want to edit your theme code instead. Before making any changes to your code, I highly recommend making a duplicate of your theme, in case of any unintended results. After you duplicated your theme, feel free to follow the steps below!

1. From your admin, go to ‘Online Store > Actions > Edit code’.

2. Open up ‘theme.scss.liquid’ file inside the ‘Assets’ folder.

3. On the very bottom of the code, paste the code below

.rte {   
      font-size: 30px; 
    }

4. Click ‘Save’.

After you save the changes, you should see the change on your product page. If you are not comfortable with making this change, I highly suggest reaching out to our Shopify Experts. Alternatively, since you are using a theme made and supported by Shopify, our theme support may be able to look into making the change as well if your account is eligible!

If this isn't quite what you were after, let me know and we can continue with our support.

Kind Regards,

May

Shopify Support

May | Shopify Support Team | support@shopify.com
0 Likes