How to enable Carrier Service API?

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have created a Shopify Store for my cake business where we provide paid local delivery.

I need to calculate the delivery rate by distance at the checkout and thus trying to enable Carrier Service API.

I only have a basic monthly Shopify plan of $29 per month and I know enabling Carrier Service API will cost me an additional $20/month. I am ok to pay that amount but I do not know how I should enable it. 

Please help me with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
465 36 75

Hello! 

Ren here from the Shopify Support team - thanks for your post!

You're right that Carrier Calculated Shipping rates can be enabled for $20/month. It's also a feature of our Advanced plan and if you opt to pay for an annual subscription of your basic plan, Carrier Calculated Shipping is free which equals some nice savings. 

I have reached out via email to help get you all set up! 

Cheers for now

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
150 6 15

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @Madhvi ,

There is also the option to waive the $20 monthly fee by choosing the annual payment option with the basic plan. Later down the line when the store is established, upgrade to the advanced plan as Ren7 suggested.  Let me know if you have any shipping challenges you would like to discuss going forward. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
31 1 8

Hi @Ren7 , thank you for clarifying this. When I read the docs, it says 'Its Shopify plan is paid annually' - then I thought the required plan name is 'Shopify'. But your statement here means any annually paid plan including the $29 Basic Shopify plan is also okay to take advantage of the Carrier Service API feature, which is an awesome great news for us! Thanks a bunch again!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
152 9 34

Hey @jhcao23

Just to let you know, switching to annual billing doesn't automatically activate the carrier services feature.  After switching to annual billing, you will need to reach out to Shopify Support and have them enable the feature on their end.  I recommend using live chat as it's the fastest response and they can typically get you up and running within minutes.

Cheers,

Joel. 

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
31 1 8

very useful & important info for all developers!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello, I also want my carrier service API enabled, please help, Your immediate assistance will be highly appreciated.

@Ren7 wrote:

Hello! 

Ren here from the Shopify Support team - thanks for your post!

You're right that Carrier Calculated Shipping rates can be enabled for $20/month. It's also a feature of our Advanced plan and if you opt to pay for an annual subscription of your basic plan, Carrier Calculated Shipping is free which equals some nice savings. 

I have reached out via email to help get you all set up! 

Cheers for now

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
152 9 34

Hey @Sakhile_Mamba,

I recommend reaching out to Shopify support via Live Chat.  They can typically get you up and running in several minutes which will likely be faster than waiting for a reply from a guru on the forum.

Cheers,

Joel.

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
31 1 8

From here I think we are very clear now! Conclusion, Basic plan annually paid is okay to take this service and, we have to reach the support team such as Live Chat to literally declare to enable this feature. Done! Thank you for everyone's  contribution! @Joel-Reeds @Madhvi @Sakhile_Mamba @shipguru @Ren7 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
465 36 75

Hi, @Sakhile_Mamba!

@Joel-Reeds is absolutely right. Reaching out to our live chat is a great way to get help with this!

I can also assist you though and have reached out via email to get the process started for you if you prefer to take that route. Feel free to response when you're ready to get started.

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes