How to establish a minimum order value?

Solved
ValentinIvanov
3 0 0

Hey folks!

Does anybody know how to establish a minimum value for an order? Supposedly, this value should be applied to all the customers and to any order. A client who doesn't achieve the necessary amount will be prompted to keep shopping until the necessary amount is done.

Is there any way to do this without too much coding?  

Thank you!

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
50 6 2

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @ValentinIvanov

This is Lana from Shopify. That is a great question!

If you're only looking to offer shipping after a customer has reached a minimum order price, you would need to look at setting up your shipping rates to work with that. This is because a customer cannot checkout on your store unless there is a shipping rate available to them, so this should suit you. Getting it to work like this will not involve any coding changes, instead you will need to go to Settings > Shipping and Delivery > Manage rates in your admin, and set up a shipping rate with conditions. Here is an example of what you could do:

27-00-27793-3687

As you can see in the above screenshot, I have set up a free shipping rate that only works when a customer has €50 or more worth of products in their cart. I did not set a maximum price for this example, but you can do that if you're planning to break up your rates even further i.e. €50-€100 costs €10 for shipping, and an additional rate €100-no max is free etc.

If a customer tries to go to the checkout with less than €50 worth of products in their cart, they will be met with an error that says 'No shipping rates available' and they won't be able to proceed to the final steps of the checkout. Because of this, it is also important that you let your customers know that you have to have a minimum amount in your cart in order to checkout. A great way to do that would be by setting up an announcement bar at the top of your website which can relay that message i.e. 'SHIPPING AVAILABLE ONLY TO ORDERS OVER €50'. It can be set up one of the following ways:

• Depending on your theme, you may be able to set up the announcement bar by going to the Online store > Themes > Customize, and on the left hand side under Sections go to Header - this is where you would find the option to enable it if it is part of the theme already.
  • If it is not built into your theme, you could look into adding it using an app such as Quick Announcement Bar or All Announcement Bars & Banner.

Let me know how you get on with this, and if you have any additional questions I will be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
ValentinIvanov
3 0 0

Thnak you!

0 Likes