How to filter for items with missing barcodes?

BrownStyleShop
Visitor
3 0 0

When we were first setting up our shop, we missed putting barcodes for a lot of items an especially variants. I was able to sort for products with missing barcodes entirely by using " -barcode:* " in the product search, but it doesn't bring up items that have a barcode on one variant but not the rest. I need to find a way to bring up all products that are missing a barcode on any variant, and I was wondering if there was a search filter or app to help me out with that. Thank you for the help.

Replies 6 (6)

Devon8899
Tourist
11 0 1

From my experience, GMC is better to check the missing product information.

Our company has more then 10,000 product barcode and sku. We can't filtering them in Shopify.

So I would like to recommend to use the GMC to check the product information.

Even if you put the wrong barcode, they let you know which product's barcode is wrong.

BrownStyleShop
Visitor
3 0 0

I'm sorry, I have no idea what GMC is. Could you direct me to whatever that is?

Devon8899
Tourist
11 0 1

Hi. So its Google Merchant Center. 
And they provide free product listing in Google Shopping as well. There is many benefits for online stores such as Google Organic Search, Google Ads. So I recommend to use both for your business. You can check the ranking of the products and product information and price as well. There is no charge if you don’t run Ads. So Good luck! 

unclejonsmusic
Tourist
4 0 3

Nevermind, it works.

Report-Pundit
Trailblazer
303 11 20

Hi @BrownStyleShop 

This is John from Report Pundit.

If you are still looking for a solution, then we can filter and export the list of all products and variants, which does not have a barcode.

Also, with Report Pundit, we can create business specific custom reports.

You can contact us at support@reportpundit.com, or live chat support and we can create the reports for you.

Thanks,
John

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards

CloudlabSam
Shopify Partner
526 42 85

Hi There, our free Report Toaster app can do this for you. Please feel free to take a look and let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!