How to get Shopify to show negative inventory as "out of stock"

DIANA_MCCANN
2 0 1

If I have inventory of a negative quantity, such as -1, shopify shows it as available to order.  I want to it to show as sold out for inventory that is less than (negative) or equal to 0. 
My guess the code is set to show sold out as "0"?? 

FYI- I have a brick and mortar store POS that I sync my inventory to Shopify with RMSify (K3) app.  My inventory is sometimes in the negative due to stock not being uncommitted (on hold) in my POS or wrong inventory count.

I use the Supply Theme.  If I could have some help with code and where to apply it, that would be much appreciated. :)

Diana

Alexa4
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
93 1 13

Hey there Diana,

This is Alex from Shopify Guru team, happy to assist you today!

Great news is that this is something that can be accomplished without having to edit your theme!

With a little adjusting in collections you can set up your inventory to show 'out of stock' for any products with a stock that is equal to zero or below.

There is a really helpful doc you can read up here on that.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Alexa

Alex | Customer Success Guru | Shopify
0 Likes
DIANA_MCCANN
2 0 1

Hi Alexa

Thanks for your reply. 

This is probably not going to work for me as I have set up many of my collections "manually".  Also I want the item and/or varient to show out of stock, but still be visible. Many of the stock has varients and I have a very large inventory that is constantly changing so I need something that is probably written in the code to solve this problem.

Are you able to provide some assistance?

Thanks

Diana

0 Likes
Ardeep
1 0 0

Hi Diana,

Did you ever manage to resolve this issue? As im having the same problem.

Thanks,

Ardeep

0 Likes
Leck
2 0 0

For me, it work the following.

Settings>Location>Disable Fulfill online orders from this location.

It was showing negative because people continue buying Online and Shopify discount items from the physical stores.

That really creat a mess over here.

0 Likes