How to get a refund and closing store for good?

aLiEn
2 0 1

Hi,

Is there anyone from support that can help me possible get refund for the past year of charges to my never opened store that I just spent 20 minutes even trying to access?

I started a free trial that eventually just ended charging my credit card month after month for nothing even after I haven't accessed your site for months.

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1081 121 170

Hi, @aLiEn,

Hank here from Shopify.

Depending on the nature and time of charges, would depend on any refund possibility, but refunds are only eligible for the past 30 days in most cases.

The refund that I may be able to process is the monthly Shopify subscription, however, any domain charges would not be possible to refund as these are deemed a one-off charge that lasts one calendar year. Additionally, any third-party app charges would need to be approved by the individual app developer and any transaction or shipping fees would be non refundable.

But in relation to what you mentioned regarding the free trial, was a paid plan selected? By default, as no credit card information is required for the free trial, there would be no automatic selection of plans as these require a manual selection for the plan of the merchants choosing.

However, can you confirm that your store is fully closed, and I may be able to take a closer look and see what is possible for you?

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes