How to get back the login details?

heyhamza
4 0 0

Hello community members, my name is Hamza Hashim and I'm an SEO Expert. I hired someone to create the Shopify Store. The guy attached the domain (bolinderbags.com) to Shopify. But now he forgets the details. Is there any way to get back the details or how can I reset everything?

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1697 180 499

Hey there, @heyhamza 

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble getting signed in. I'd be happy to help you get back into your account. You can use this tool to enter your email address and have your store details sent to you. If the store details are sent to you, check and ensure you're attempting to sign into the proper myshopify.com url. If the details are not sent to you, the email address is likely not what's being used.

If you don't receive the email and you cannot log in, please let me know. We can get you authenticated and get this escalated to our Accounts team to rectify.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
heyhamza
4 0 0

Basically, the client hired someone else and he got the details. But now he is asking that I forget all the details. Now we have just domain access only.

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1697 180 499

Hey again, @heyhamza 

So his merchant had you working on their store's SEO and then went to another Partner/Expert to get some other work done. This other third-party then changed their login details and now cannot log into the store. Is that correct? If so please have the owner of the account reach out to Shopify Support directly -if you are not the owner of the account we cannot help you with this, the owner must be the one getting in touch. 

To reach out to our support team please do visit the Help CentreWhen on the Help Centre page, you should see Support > Contact Support in the main menu or there's a Contact Shopify Support button near the end of the page. The Help Centre will try and suggest guides first to resolve your query, however, if none of these suit your needs then please keep clicking the Contact Shopify Support button at the end of the page instead. 

In some cases, Chrome extensions and cache can interfere with the Help Centre's login/authentication process and you might experience a "loop" when trying to contact our support. If this happens, I'd recommend clearing your cache or tlog out of your Help Centre account and access our support as a guest instead as shown in this short video. Our advisors can authenticate the account later if needed or our Facebook and Twitter support would be happy to help instead. You are welcome to contact us here on Twitter or here on Facebook.

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
heyhamza
4 0 0

No, the client hires someone to design his store but he disappeared after connecting the domain to Shopify. Now I want to access that account so I can complete the last step and create the Shopify store.

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1697 180 499

This sounds like something that needs to be settled between you, the store owner and the person they hired. As you are not the owner of the account Shopify Support will be unable to assist you in this matter. 

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
heyhamza
4 0 0

But I can provide you all the details you need, I'm talking to you from my client-side. I'm a Virtual Assistant.

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1697 180 499

Hey again, @heyhamza. Your client is the only one that is authorized to give you the needed logins. Shopify Support cannot help with this. 

Bo 

0 Likes