How to get organic traffic on my ecommerce site?

Solved
1800gifts
8 0 0

I have an e-commerce site and I didn't get good traffic so what I do? Please give me your valuable suggessions.

0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
72 17 13

Hi, @1800gifts.

Thank you for sharing your message, I would be happy to offer you some suggestions for building your store traffic.

An important factor in building traffic and building trust with customers is having an easy-to-use and professional website, I would love to have a link to your shop so I could provide you with some feedback on it?

There are a few things you can look into when trying to generate more traffic to your store, you can reference this information in this fantastic guide on Increasing website traffic here

• Is your product a good product? A “good product” means that it’s good enough for your target audience.
  • Is there a large target market? A market is a group of people already spending money on something. Are people buying the same type of product?
  • Is there an addressable target audience? An addressable market is a group of people with visible shared qualities, already spending money on something. Is there a market segment you can focus on? 
  • Is there a great product story and/or compelling copy? You might have a clear “why” for the product in contrast to competitors, but you need to translate that pitch to compelling web copy. Does your product pitch resonate with them enough to purchase?
  • Is there a low-cost way to reach this audience? The goal should be to keep customer acquisition costs low. Are there multiple ways you can reach potential customers?

This guide includes 20 high impact tactics for driving traffic to your shop, some ideas you could look into specifically are:

• Running Facebook and Instagram ads and cross-selling your products on social media. We have a fantastic guide for utilizing our Facebook Channel here that I recommend checking out. 
  • Adding a Blog to your website to provide information for your customers, news about your brand and product or simply give updates on your business. Take a look at our information on how to add a blog to your online store here if you want to try it out.
  • Use SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to increase your store's discoverability. When you try to sell online, an important problem to solve is: "How do I get customers to my store," you can use search engine optimization to improve the search engine ranking of your store to help customers find your products. We have both a fantastic SEO overview you can check out here, as well as a guide for Improving search engine optimization that can provide you with some concrete steps to follow for optimizing your SEO.

Another factor that comes into play with traffic is how you are marketing and promoting your store, are you currently running any advertising or promotions for your shop? No matter if you are selling online or in person, developing a marketing plan can help you choose the right marketing tactics for you and your store. You can see marketing recommendations and create marketing options and automation directly from your Marketing page in Shopify:

I would suggest checking out our helpful guides on Developing a marketing plan if this is something you have yet to do with your shop. 

A great resource you could take advantage of is our Free online courses on our Shopify compass website here, including great tutorials and walkthroughs for the Shopify platform, including this great course on Generating more traffic to your Shopify store.

I hope some of these suggestions give you some more ideas that you can implement moving forward, please feel free to reach back out here with any questions you may have, we are always happy to chat!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hi there, 

There are a few things that can attract not only organic traffic but quality traffic that will convert. 

• I would focus on ensuring your product photography (or any photos on your site in general) are optimized for your site. 
  • Regularly test your site speed and ensure everything is loading correctly.
  • Ensure your site is optimized for mobile and looks good not only on desktop and mobile, but tablets as well. 
  • Optimize your product pages by adding banners that highlight promo codes or any special discounts, customer reviews or information about the product, directly on the product pages. This will help guide your customers through education on your products. 

Content Marketing - https://apps.shopify.com/because
Because: Grow your Shopify store revenue with Because product page banners
0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @1800gifts,

What are some strategies you've tried, and what have you learned from them? Have you considered discussing this with other sellers/merchants—comparing your results, insights and learnings can often be helpful to get better ideas and understand why something didn't work.

Cheers.

Building communities @ ModeMagic and Mason!

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know.
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution.
0 Likes
1800gifts
8 0 0

Thanks for the answer

0 Likes