How to get standard mail (envelope) rates (not parcel) for Canada Post?

2 0 0

My Current items are pretty thin and can fit through the slot size limit for standard mail (i.e. what you would use to mail a letter or thin envelope).  Therefore, I should be able to pay around $2-3 for shipping. 

But if I want to print labels using my store I have to pay at least $10 for an expedited parcel.  Even though there is an option for envelopes (and the dimensions are slim enough to fit) it does not change the rate or method.  

I've heard you can connect to Canada Post for $20 extra a month, but does anyone have experience with this and it working for thin envelope (standard mail) rates?

Thanks. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
111 23 9

Hello, @mm1989.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I can confirm that the Carrier Calculated Shipping add-on ($20/month) does not include lettermail rates from Canada Post. I also found another forum that discusses this and it provides a couple suggestions, feel free to take a look right here

Another solution is to set up manual rates using Canada Post’s lettermail prices, which will help get your manual rates as close as possible to Canada Post’s. By using weight-based rates, it will be like creating your own calculated rates for lettermail.

Having lettermail rates from Canada Post is definitely worth putting forth a feature request to our developers, and I’ll be happy to take care of that. 

If you have any further questions regarding this topic, feel free to reply to this thread and I’d be happy to help.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
313 0 7

As per my knowledge, if you are using Lettermail rates, then printing labels with this is not possible with Canada Post. You would require to use a standard service for label generation. You can try a few options. First adjust the cost of the Service that would be using for shipping in product price. If the difference is huge, then you spread this adjustment based on Zones, product type, collection and then charge Lettermail shipping rates at checkout with the Multi Carrier Shipping label app. This should give you relief to some extent right?

1 Like