How to globally edit store to not track inventory

Zaccari_Wair
1 0 0

Is there a way that we can edit our store globally to not track inventory? We just imported our store from Volusion and have over 800 products with 35 variants that are all made to order, but we do not want to track inventory. Is there an easy way to take care of this?

0 Likes
Alex_M3
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
288 0 222

Hey Zaccari,

My name's Alex - I'm a Guru here with Shopify.

The easiest way to do this would exporting a Product CSV and changing Variant Inventory Tracker. Delete the data for the whole column apart from the title. A blank cell indicates that you do not want items to be tracked, otherwise you'd enter the name of the app tracking inventory (ex. 'shopify', 'shipwire').

You can export a CSV file by heading to your Products menu and clicking "Export" at the top, then you can Import it with it's sister button when you're ready.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Have a good day! 

-Alex M.

Shopify Guru
alex.missett@shopify.com

JM6
4 0 0

Hi, all of our products are in the "Don't track inventory" mode. What are the steps to change items in bulk to Track Inventory? In other words - reverse of Zaccari's question. 

0 Likes
noamh
2 0 0

Late reply, but to bulk edit inventory tracking, visit this path on your shop: /admin/bulk?resource_name=Product

Click add fields, and select Track Quantity. I was able to change each product one by one (unfortunately could not find a more bulk way)

0 Likes