How to globally limit items sold per day

Solved
Matth85
5 0 0

Hi @Athina1 ,

I use Limitsify for this, it's not perfect as it doesn't include customers who are in the process of checking out and have already selected their products. This can result in being over capacity but it seems to be the best option at the moment and is a limitation Shopify's end and not the app! I have counteracted this by setting my limit slightly lower than my actual limit!

Thanks,

Matt

0 Likes
Athina1
5 0 0

Hi @Matth85 ,

Thanks for getting back to me! I actually just downloaded that app the other day. I'll take a look at it and see if it could work for me. Do you mind sharing with me how you've "limited" it? Did you use the "order limits" feature to do so?

Thanks in advance!

Athina

0 Likes
Matth85
5 0 0

Hi @Athina1 ,

I have found the best to limit the number of items sold per day is to set it by cost limit. For example I am limited to 300 bagels per day and I sell them in 1s, 6s or 12s, so I have just set my cost limit to 300 and then given each of the products the correct cost limit, i.e. 1, 6 and 12. It's not perfect as there can be some overlap and you go above your limit but for the most part it is great.

0 Likes
Athina1
5 0 0

Hi @Matth85,

Thanks for your help! 

I ended up limiting the products that I could sell by day & week using their premium plan. Not sure if you've tried that.
Do you also use a delivery date app that allows your customers to select a pick up date? 

If so, has this app been compatible with your pick up date app?

Thanks!

0 Likes