How to go about creating fully customisable bundles

Highlighted
6 0 0

I am wanting to offer the ability for our customers to create customisable bundles/packs. 

For example, we offer over 40 eyeshadow colours and I would also like to offer discounted packs of 6, 9 or 12 with the choice of colours being completely selectable by the customer.

I expected this to be a fairly standard and simple feature to add but if so, then I haven't yet found it.

I have also looked at a couple of apps: 'Shopify assistant' and 'Product bundling' and this does not appear doable with them. 

It also doesn't appear to be achievable using 'discounts' as there aren't enough options or parameters.

Would it be necessary then to get custom work done by a developer?

Can anyone please point me in the right direction for adding this feature/product

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
202 0 21

Hi Kylie,

My name is Ardiane, a Guru here at Shopify!

That's a great question and one that has a lot of different solutions. Normally, for product bundling like offering discounted packs or offering products in kits, it wouldn't be a built in feature that Shopify has. However, we do have certain apps that can help with this. Here are some of them:

- Product Bundles by Bold Apps: this app can be very useful for merchants who want to use discount bundles as well as for people who sell 'kits' that include individual items that may be involved in separate kits, so they can track the inventory levels of the separate pieces properly which sounds like something you would like to do. It also has a 90 day free trial that you can avail of to test the app and see whether it works for you! :-)

- Product Discount by Bold Apps: with this app, you can offer different kinds of promotions like offering discount prices for buying a certain amount of items. While this doesn't have a free trial attached to it, it offers a one-time payment. :-) However, if you're not sure whether it's the right app for you, I highly recommend getting in touch with the app support via email to support@boldcommerce.com.

With both of these apps, they were developed by the same company called Bold Commerce. :-) A lot of their apps are highly recommended to our merchants and their support is spot on! You can contact them two ways:

Phone: 204-808-8095
Email: support@boldcommerce.com 

Alternatively, if neither one of those apps suit you, you should be able to do this with a help of a developer! :-) You can actually post a job on the Shopify Experts Page and see what feedback and quotes you get. You can find where and how to do this on this link here.

I hope that helps you out! :-) Have a great day!

- Ardiane

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Thanks Ardiane,

Those Bold apps look pretty good. I'm not sure they will do what I need but I'll give them a go.

I have also found another post with a similar request and it was suggested that if stock tracking wasn't needed then one can just use, 'line items' and no app would be necessary. I have no idea what that means but that certainly sounds good and I will investigate further :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Kylie, 

Did you find a fix for your issue. I have the same problem and unable to find a solution

cheers Jaya

0 Likes