How to have multiple stores

2 0 0

Good afternoon.

My name is Jim and I'm from the Boston MA area.  

I've just started with Shopify.   I've got my store setup, I'm in the process of "stocking the shelves" and with a bit of luck we'll be "live" by this Friday!

I'm liking what I'm seeing and I'm already thinking that I'd like to have many many different retail shopify stores selling a range of different items.  

So, my question is simple.   I am on the $79 / month plan.   I have one store, one domain under that plan.

Can I add multiple different stores to the $79 / month plan that I have or do I need to have a separate $79 / month plan for each new store I want to build?

Thank you in advance, I appreciate this forum and I hope to be able to contribute answers as my knowledge grows.

Jim

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
100 0 16

Hey there Jim!

Cynthia here, a Guru with Shopify :).

I'm super excited to see that you're starting your journey with us, and I'm happy to hear that you're liking things so far as well.

In regards to your question about having different stores - in order to do that, you would need another store, which would come with a separate Admin and plan of it's own.

You can add multiple domains to one store and have them all redirect to the same place - but if it's going to be a different online storefront, with different suppliers/warehouses/products/etc., then you'd need a whole other account as well.

I hope this has helped clarify things!

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Cynn | Guru @ Shopify

2 Likes
2 0 0

thank you Cynn, 

That helps a lot!

Jim

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
100 0 16

Any time, Jim! 

Hope you enjoy your weekend :)

Cynn

0 Likes
1 0 2

Hi Cynn,

I've read multiple answers to similar questions saying it's allowed, but no one points to the info on how to actually do it.

I just started a store for staybuds.com after buying the domain through shopify.

I want to buy another domain through shopify, but I do not want the domains connected in any way, and I want the stores to appear to not be connected.

I don't mind that the back-end is connected, or using the same email...but technically, how do I setup a new domain and store. What are the steps?

Thank you for your help, greatly appreciated!

Rick

2 Likes
2 0 1

Hi Cynthia, 

I do not think you are completely accurate with your answer.  MY company is a distributor of several brands, and we have registered a Shopify store for each brand and built the sites, pay the monthly fee, etc.  But, when it comes time to go live, we get a message saying we are "high risk", whatever that means.  No one at Shopify has been able to help us.  

After uncountable searching online for help on this - because Shopify refuses to give us any answers - we found out that Shopify will only allow us to have one store, one Shopify payments flow, etc.  

So we are paying for 5-6 stores monthly, and only the first one we registered is actually in business.  VERY frustrating, and if we can solve it we will have to delete all stores and go to wordpress.

So, maybe you have a solution?  Our situation doesnt really seem to be so abnormal. 

Any help`?

1 Like
1 0 0

Did you ever get a useful reply?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

No answers.  I will need to cancel all my Shopify stores.  They do not have a solution for a situation that cannot be that abnormal.  Off to Wordpress!

0 Likes