How to hide INDIVIDUAL product prices

Highlighted
1 0 0

I am trying to hide prices of an individual collection of products. The products will be sold at specific prices to law enforcement agencies that must provide me with documentation before they can view law enforcement pricing. Is there any way to do this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
109 0 18

Hey Diana! 

You can hide the prices in a specific collection or product by creating alternate templates with those details removed and applying them to the collections/products that require this. We even have a guide that will provide the steps to create a product template with the "Add to Cart" button replaced with an email link or contact form which may help as well. You can find that here.

One thing to consider though, is using these templates would hide the prices regardless of whether the customer has an account or not, but you can create custom orders and send those as an invoice once you receive proper documentation. 

Alternatively, if you wanted to create something that would allow these verified users to see custom prices specifically for them there is a neat app from BOLD that can help with this. Its called "Customer Pricing" and you can check it out on this page

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
Bob

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9871 99 1708

@Diana - In addition to the great post above you might want to check just how locked down the prices need to be. 

You can hide the price from the theme as noted above, but be aware product price can always be viewed via the json url (eg: /products/some-product-handle.json). If the law enforcement agencies you're dealing with are really strict this could pose a problem. You're likely fine, but doesn't hurt to check ;)

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I want to just take the product price off my store front for ONE product. 

I looked at what you attached "https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-create-alternate-templates".

After this I'm not sure what to do because I don't see the area in the new alternative page where I place the code: <span class=hidden>${{ amount }} USD</span>. 

0 Likes