How to hide a product but keep it buyable

4 0 0

Hi,

I want to hide certain products from the shop but keep them still buyable. Unfortunately by clicking "manage" and unchecking "online store" on the create a new product page makes the product un-buyabe. 

How to hide&keep it buyable?

Have read about a code. Is there a guide available how to do it or some other way to do this?

Many thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
423 0 77

Hi, Airla!

My name is Jade, I am with the Social Care Team at Shopify.

In order for products to appear on your website, the online store option must be checked and also the product needs to be in your Navigation (the Navigation is in your Shopify admin under Online Store). If the product is not in your navigation but Online Store is checked on your product page (see image below), the product won't appear on your website but will still be buyable.

Generally, products are added to the navigation in three ways:

1) Adding the product directly to the Navigation:

2) Putting a product in a collection and putting that collection in your Navigation:

3) By having a section on your main menu that leads to all the products in your store. Most websites will call this Catalog or Shop. For this example, I've just called it All Products so that you can see what I mean.

To remove your product from your website but still have it buyable, you will need to make sure that your product isn't on your main menu or in a collection. If you have a section for All Products on your main menu, like I did in example #3, you will need to create a collection with every product in your store except for the one you would like to hide from your website. Afterward, add that collection to your main menu by selecting Collections like how I did in the screenshot below:

After the product is completely removed from your menu and you have Online Store checked on the product page, you can share the product with people by giving them the product URL. To do this, click on View (it has an eye icon) like this:

Your product URL will appear at the top here: 

I hope this helps! If you have any questions or need further clarification reply to this forum post and we'll be happy to help! Sometimes it's easier to speak with someone directly and have them help you through the steps. Our Support Team is available 24/7 and can be reached here.

Sincerely,

Jade | Social Care ?

1 Like
1 0 0

Hi,

I followed these instructions to create an alternate scarcity page. My alternate scarcity page is not in any of my collections or main menu.

The problem is that it still shows up when I search for it. So I can see the normal page and the scarcity page.

Please help so that the scarcity page does not show up as a duplicate when searched for. thanks.

0 Likes
1 0 0

I agree with clocke.  This is an unworkable solution.  The products still appear in search, and creating a collection for every product except the ones you want to hide is impractical.  

I would read the response from Shopify to mean, "this is not possible out of the box."

0 Likes

Hey there,

if you are open to using an app for this functionality, give https://apps.shopify.com/locksmith a look. 

I'm not affiliated with them, just that we have several of our customers using the app for the functionality you are looking for. 

Cheers,

Alex.

Alex Dereveanco | CMO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

I wanted to achieve the same for a free plus shipping offer. Here is what I did:

1. Go to Products > Collections
  2. Create a collection called "All" (if it doesn't already exist)
  3. Under conditions, choose Product Price > Is Greater Than > $0

That should hide any products that are free. But you can also use this to hide things based on tags, etc.

You could always tag your product with something unique like "hide".

Then hide it from the conditions, product tag > does not contain > hide.

That way any products with a tag "hide" will be hidden from your collections.

Hope that helps!

Web designer and developer with a passion for e-commerce.
1 Like