How to hide "from" price on collections

Highlighted
2 0 0

We have combined a few variants on one product page. They vary greatly in price and our most commonly bought item is 79.99. Our least commonly bought variant is 29.99. On the collection, our customers see "From 29.99" and they get upset when they click over and see that the price is actually $79.99 for what they're actually looking for. How can we fix/approach this? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
265 1 14

Hey, go to your product-grid or collection item and change from {{ product.price | money }} to say {{ product.price_max | money }} and remove the "From". That will automatically show the most expensive variant price and they'll be ahppy it's cheaper.

Jarvis @ Kaleido
- Slow Shopify Store? Install our PageSpeed Magic app.
- Have more questions? Feel free to email me.
- My reply helped? Click Like to show me some love!

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you so much for replying - I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

That's a good option but... some of our products vary greatly - I'd love to be able to have the FIRST variant price be the one that's listed. Is that possible? Not min or max, but the first variant on the product page. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
265 1 14

Hey Jamie,

Sure. You'd have to change that bit of code to say {{ product.price | money }} for example or adjust it to pick the first variant. This depends on the coding though, I can't be sure what your theme looks like.

If you want us to take a look at that, drop me an email to welcome@kaleido.club

Jarvis @ Kaleido
- Slow Shopify Store? Install our PageSpeed Magic app.
- Have more questions? Feel free to email me.
- My reply helped? Click Like to show me some love!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Dear Sir/Madam,

I tried to remove the "from" price in Shopify myself but I got this code: translation missing: en.products.product.price_text_html could you help me out with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Kenan Halvadzic

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Dear Sir/Madam,

You conceived my message wrongly. I want to show the FULL price at both pages. In the collection page as well as the cart page. This way I want to avoid the misleading text FROM price. To be honest, I don't know how it got there.

I chose the Simple Theme in the Shopify free store. When I added the products, only SOME products changed the text to for example; From Price 29,99 then when the cart is clicked, a totally different and higher price is being depicted in the cart. Then the price shoots up like 20 euros higher. I don't want that of course.

In the attachments, you can find the yellow marked texts which I changed by myself to product price max. Unfortunately, when I open the website the products images show me the text; translation missing. You can find the website product images as well in the attachments.

Hereby I hope  I have informed you adequately.

Kind regards,

Kenan Halvadzic 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey there! Does the recommendation for changing to show higher pricing still work? If so, where exactly would I find it? Thank you!

0 Likes