How to hide the shipping calculator in the cart page?

kkryanfish
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

My store is here: thedigshop.com

Can you tell me how to hide the shipping calculator in the cart page? Thanks.

Regards,

Ryan

Replies 10 (10)

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15833 2369 3072

Hello 

.estimate-shipping {
    display: none;
}
Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
SANJUAN
Visitor
2 0 0

How to hide the "shipping rates calculator" from the cart page?

SANJUAN
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

I have followed your instruction but I can't find the "theme.scss.liquid at "Assets".

*screenshot attached

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hey, @kkryanfish!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

I took a peek at your site and it appears that you might be using a third-party theme or a theme that's been highly customized. Would you be able to confirm which theme you're using?

That said, though let's try the following steps below to see if this shipping estimator is built into the theme you have now.

Possible Solution 1 - It's Built into the Theme

1. Go to your Theme Editor by going to Online Store > Themes and clicking on Customize next to the published theme.
  2. Once the editor loads you'll see a header that looks like the screenshot below, please select Cart from the dropdown menu there.

11-19-3h03w-gm1v3

Once there, most themes will have a section on the left side called Cart Page or very similar. See the screenshot below for a reference of what it looks like on my testing store.

11-20-bbj85-cqv7l

Click on that section and scroll through the settings on the left side. There should be a setting named "Shipping Calculator" or "Shipping Estimator" and a toggle or checkbox to turn it on or off.

Make sure you save any changes to the theme once you've done all of that.

Possible Solution 2 - Check for Apps

If you can't locate that, I'd recommend checking your Apps to make sure you don't have a shipping calculator/estimator installed, if you do you may have to uninstall or turn it off.

Possible Solution 3 - Code Customization

If none of those options apply to you, there might be a code that can be altered. Depending on how comfortable you are with HTML/CSS/Liquid, you can go ahead and change that by going to Online Store > Themes and clicking Actions > Edit Code. Alternatively, I highly recommend hiring one of our awesome partners to help you with this. You can find them in the Experts Marketplace or request a quote by following this guide here.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

kkryanfish
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, Lilith

Thanks for your help. I find the cart page setting in your reply and now I have successfully hide the shipping calculator.

Regards,

Ryan

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Fantastic! Glad it was built into the theme for easier removal. Happy to have helped!

2kawaiistore
Tourist
3 0 0

How can I edit code?

2kawaiistore
Tourist
3 0 0

Hey, Do you know how to hide it?

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@2kawaiistore you can find the various solutions in my post above. Here's the direct link to that reply here. I included different options depending on the theme you're using since each theme is built differently.

In that post, I included how you can check if the theme has the option to turn it off, and how you can check for apps. If those 2 options don't resolve your issue, then you can go on to the very last resort and change your code. I don't recommend doing this code editing unless the other 2 solutions won't work. I included how to find your theme code in your account to edit it, @ oscprofessional also kindly provided in a reply above a snippet that you can use when you get into the code.

Simon_Westwood
Excursionist
42 1 10

Over night my shipping calculator has stopped working and customer think I no longer ship anywhere!  I'm loosing sales.  Read all the above but I'm still stuck finding the shipping calculator tickbox.  Help anyone