How to left align Rich Text on HOME PAGE (not in "pages")

marz
4 0 0

Hey all, not a coder at all, but Shopify is awesome of doing the work so I dont need to. How do I make the Rich Text paragraphs on the HOME PAGE of my Brooklyn template left align and not centered? I know and have done this for my text in the "Pages" admin, but I am missing something for the actual HOME PAGE of the site. Any help is appreciated!

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
854 54 130

Hi, Marz!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

You can do this by adding some coding changes to the bottom of your theme.scss.liquid file.

Go to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code. Then scroll to the Assets folder and select theme.scss.liquid

If you want to left-align the text on the homepage, add this piece of code to the very bottom of the file

rich-text-section .rte.rich-text__text--large {
    text-align: left;
}

If you want to left-align the titles of the text, you can add this piece of code as well - 

.rich-text-section h2.rich-text__heading--large {
    text-align: left;
}

It should look like this when you're done:

Also, can I ask why you would like to left align all of the text on the homepage? It can make your site look a little unbalanced if all the text is on one side. Was it just a design feature you wanted? Let me know :)

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Charles123
Tourist
3 0 1

I just tried this with the Debut theme and it did not work. Any suggestions?

Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
854 54 130

Hi, @Charles123!

Sorry for the delayed response here. Could you go over the steps you took to make these changes? Did you click the save button in the top right corner of the page after you added this code? Otherwise, the changes will not save. If you go to your admin and select Online Store > Themes > Edit Code, then scroll to the Assets folder and select the theme.scss.liquid file, could you scroll to the very bottom of that file and show me a screenshot? Just so I can see if there was an error there!

Speak soon! 

Ava

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
louis00
1 0 3

Go to Sections and open rich-text.liquid file

Line 5: <div class="rich-text__heading--{{ section.settings.text_size }} text-center">

Update: <div class="rich-text__heading--{{ section.settings.text_size }} text-left">

Line 10: <div class="rich-text__text--{{ section.settings.text_size }} rte-setting text-center">{{ section.settings.text }}</div>

Update: <div class="rich-text__text--{{ section.settings.text_size }} rte-setting text-left">{{ section.settings.text }}</div>

Give me a thumbs up if it works!

mateomelgar
1 0 0

it worked with debut, thanks so much! @louis00 

0 Likes
passionfruit
1 0 0

It seems in the Brooklyn theme there isn't a rich-text.liquid file at all. Is there another way to fix this? I'm. having a hard time understanding why there wouldn't even be rich text file as it is present on the home page. Thanks!

0 Likes
juzline
1 0 0

I could find rich text. liquid file in Brooklyn theme, I have the same problem trying to left-align the rich text on the home page, but the text is all disorderly arranged in the center, as you can see in the attached screenshot. The same for the Boundless theme. Please kindly advise. Appreciate!

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 9.14.57 PM.png

0 Likes