How to limit purchase quantity?

Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 8

Hi,

I'm trying to limit the quantity per order for my customers. I am using the Debut Theme.

Thanks,

James

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
269 1 25

Hey James!

Stephanie here from Shopify. 

The easiest way to limit purchase quantities is to use the app called Order Limits! Here's the direct link - https://apps.shopify.com/order-limits-minmaxify

Hope this helps :)

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to our support. We're available 24/7!

Cheers!

Stephanie | Shopify Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 8

Thanks Stephanie,

I've had a look at MinMaxify already.

I'm comfortable with coding a solution if you can point me in the right direction.

Best,

James

4 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

Hi James, did you ever figure out a solution for this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

did you figured it out? I'm also looking for the same functionality for my small online sture.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
274 22 42

With coding, you could set a max range on the cart and product pages Quantity fields, but anyone who know the system could get around that using the Pre-filled carts code to jump to the Checkout with any number of products.

Best Regards,
Duncan.
Isle of misfit code & development
http://ecomdev.ca
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
11 0 6

If the quantities limits are small, you can control quantity selection through variants.  This is a simple, liquid-only method.

• Create a new product template, say product.no-quantity.liquid.  Comment out the quantity controls in this template.  The quantity controls may be in a referenced section or form.
  • In the cart template, remove quantity controls.  You'll need the ability for customers to remove items.  So add a link to remove a line item and/or a link to clear the cart.
  • Then go to the products in the Shopify admin that you want to control quantity on.  Change the template to product.no-quantity.  And add a quantity variant with values for each of the allowed quantities.  You'll need to adjust the prices for the quantities greater than 1.

This is not a foolproof method as there is no validation/checking in the cart.  But it works well enough with honest customers in many situations.

Scott Austin
Owner of https://jadepuma.com
3 Likes
1 0 0

Deleted the ability to change quantity at checkout.

Theme : Venture -

Goto

Sections - cart-template.liquid

Line :  51

<input type="number" name="updates[]" id="Updates_{{ item.key }}" class="cart__quantity" value="{{ item.quantity }}" min="0" data-line="{{ forloop.index }}" aria-label="{{ 'cart.label.quantity' | t }}">

Delete data-line="{{ forloop.index }}" 

<input type="number" name="updates[]" id="Updates_{{ item.key }}" class="cart__quantity" value="{{ item.quantity }}" min="0" aria-label="{{ 'cart.label.quantity' | t }}">

We have deleted the option to change quantity at checkout. data-line="{{ forloop.index }}" 

If you need to undo your new code, simply click cart-template.liquid Older versions

Hope this helps

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Yeah re there any free apps that do this and not these monthly paid apps?

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
30 0 0

Lest check this app to limit your store purchase quantity, Shopify maximum order quantity app for manage your product order quantity problems. Store owners can set restrictions on customers' order informs of minimum and the maximum limits. It helps to control the store over and underselling problems. Shopify minimum order amount app help to manage product stock by setting the mini and maxi order quantity on products.

d74d6ceb22b2eeffbd53cbe9c88be841

0 Likes