How to limit purchase quantity?

Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 7

Hi,

I'm trying to limit the quantity per order for my customers. I am using the Debut Theme.

Thanks,

James

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
269 1 23

Hey James!

Stephanie here from Shopify. 

The easiest way to limit purchase quantities is to use the app called Order Limits! Here's the direct link - https://apps.shopify.com/order-limits-minmaxify

Hope this helps :)

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to our support. We're available 24/7!

Cheers!

Stephanie | Shopify Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 7

Thanks Stephanie,

I've had a look at MinMaxify already.

I'm comfortable with coding a solution if you can point me in the right direction.

Best,

James

3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

Hi James, did you ever figure out a solution for this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

did you figured it out? I'm also looking for the same functionality for my small online sture.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
274 22 41

With coding, you could set a max range on the cart and product pages Quantity fields, but anyone who know the system could get around that using the Pre-filled carts code to jump to the Checkout with any number of products.

Best Regards,
Duncan.
Isle of misfit code & development
http://ecomdev.ca
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
11 0 5

If the quantities limits are small, you can control quantity selection through variants.  This is a simple, liquid-only method.

• Create a new product template, say product.no-quantity.liquid.  Comment out the quantity controls in this template.  The quantity controls may be in a referenced section or form.
  • In the cart template, remove quantity controls.  You'll need the ability for customers to remove items.  So add a link to remove a line item and/or a link to clear the cart.
  • Then go to the products in the Shopify admin that you want to control quantity on.  Change the template to product.no-quantity.  And add a quantity variant with values for each of the allowed quantities.  You'll need to adjust the prices for the quantities greater than 1.

This is not a foolproof method as there is no validation/checking in the cart.  But it works well enough with honest customers in many situations.

Scott Austin
Owner of https://jadepuma.com
3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Deleted the ability to change quantity at checkout.

Theme : Venture -

Goto

Sections - cart-template.liquid

Line :  51

<input type="number" name="updates[]" id="Updates_{{ item.key }}" class="cart__quantity" value="{{ item.quantity }}" min="0" data-line="{{ forloop.index }}" aria-label="{{ 'cart.label.quantity' | t }}">

Delete data-line="{{ forloop.index }}" 

<input type="number" name="updates[]" id="Updates_{{ item.key }}" class="cart__quantity" value="{{ item.quantity }}" min="0" aria-label="{{ 'cart.label.quantity' | t }}">

We have deleted the option to change quantity at checkout. data-line="{{ forloop.index }}" 

If you need to undo your new code, simply click cart-template.liquid Older versions

Hope this helps

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Yeah re there any free apps that do this and not these monthly paid apps?

0 Likes