How to limit the numbers of orders per day

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi, I have been having some difficulties trying to find a way to limit the number of orders per day.

I am making a online order site for my bakery, where people can preorder and pick up in the local store.
However, because every food is handmade, we can only make certain numbers every day, thus if say we get more than 4 orders, we might not be able to handle them.

Is there any way I can limit the numbers of orders based on dates? 

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
75 0 26

Mechanic can help with this. :) For background, it's a general-purpose tool that can automate most anything in your shop.

I can put together a quick example, but first, are you looking to limit orders per product (as in one product might end up being sold out for the day, but another might not), or across your entire shop (as in once the order count hits a certain number, no more orders can be made for any product)?

I made Locksmith and Mechanic. :)
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Sorry for the late response!

I was thinking the latter, once there are 3 orders, even if there are some products still available, no more orders can be taken on that certain day. 

For example, if a customer wants to pick up some cakes on 2/14, but there are already 3 pick ups scheduled that day, that person can not book a pick up that day.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
75 0 26

Thanks for the additional detail! I'm now seeing something I missed - you're looking to limit orders based on pickup dates, not by the dates on which the orders were placed.

If I'm understanding that correctly, Mechanic might not be able to help here. To make sure, though, can you tell me how you prompt customers for pickup dates, and where/how those dates are stored?

I made Locksmith and Mechanic. :)
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey Isaac,

I think your app is exactly what I need and I'm wondering how many tools I can get with it. I see on your app that that their are daily order limits and hourly order limits but what i really need is to be able to set a daily range to limit orders or limit by money. I'm intending on running a vendor that anticipates having more demand than supply. We will have twice weekly deliveries to a pickup pointed with limited capacity so we need to make sure we aren't letting in more orders than we can store. We have a money number in mind for a cut off of weekly sales that we think would reflect our inventory capacity so being able to limit orders by a dollar amount would be great but I would even be interested in having a tool to limit orders in day ranges or weekly. The bonus would be the ability to post a message in my theme that says we've stopped taking orders. Your app and this post is the closest I've come to finding an answer after a few hours of searching. If this sounds like something reasonable to accomplish please hit me back here or you can email me at joe.buhnerkempe@gmail.com.

0 Likes