How to make a menu drop down unclickable

Solved
4 0 0

Hi everyone,

How do I make a menu drop down not clickable/linkable.  I simply want the menu to reveal the sub menus and not have the option of clicking the main menu item to take you elsewhere.  I hope I am explaining to make it understandable.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Allan

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
139 12 19

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @fitsupply,

This is Finley from the Social Care team at Shopify.

Thanks for reaching out!

I understand that you'd like the menu item to be visible on your website, but you wouldn't want the customer to be redirected to a different page if they clicked on the menu item.

Is that right? If so, I'll show you the steps on how you can achieve this.

You'll want to head over to your Shopify admin > Online Store > Navigation > Main menu and then click Edit next to the menu item.

In the Link section, you'll want to type in a pound/ number sign where you'll see the option to select this link here:

20-12-1zno0-odd8m.

Be sure to save your changes, and you'll be good to go!

Let me know if that's what you were looking to accomplish. If I've misunderstood, I'm happy to get some further clarification.

If you're working on your main menu at the moment and are looking for your next step, you may be interested in our free video course on Designing your Online Store.

Otherwise, there are a ton of other videos on different E-commerce subjects that may be of interest to you!

Cheers,

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

4 0 0

Worked perfectly! Thank you Finley!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
139 12 19

Perfect, I'm so glad to hear this!

Thanks for letting me know @fitsupply.

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes