How to make an automatic Sales collection

Solved
Boni
Tourist
14 0 1

Hello Team

How do we make an automatic sales collection? I know how to make a sales collection manually, but how can I automatically group all sale items into one collection?? (we are a pharmacy store so sale items belong to different brands)

We are using the theme Grid

Thanks in advance!!

Boni

0 Likes
Entaice
Pathfinder
103 5 36

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Bonni,

Sounds like you want to place all your on discounted products in a sale collection automatically.  

You can do that by following the Shopify directions from Shopify below.  

Quick question:  how do you plan to sort the products within the sale collection when it gets really large?  

Our clients have had success using programatic sorting - is that something you'd be interested in?

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products > Collections.

2. Click Add a collection.

3. Enter a title and description for your sale collection.

4. In the Collection type section, click Automated.

5. Select all conditions.

6. In the first drop-down list, select Compare at price.

7. In the second drop-down list, select is greater than.

8. In the text field, enter 0.

9. Set any other conditions that you want.

10. Click Save collection.

11. Add a link to your collection in your online store navigation so that customers can find and view the collection.

You can increase your revenue by 5% by replacing Shopify's default sorts. Test for free. **Show me how**
Boni
Tourist
14 0 1

Hi Entaice!

Thank you sooo much!!! Sale collection has been made and it looks amazing.  https://chemistplus.co.nz/collections/sale-1?sort_by=manual

What is Programmatic sorting? 

Thanks again! You are a star!

0 Likes
Entaice
Pathfinder
103 5 36

No problem, glad this helped!

As for programmatic sorting - Shopify typically offers you a few different options that determine the order in which your products appear.  i.e. you can sort by "best selling" or "date added" - however, those sorts typically don't drive the highest revenue because they'll do things like show out of stock products at the top of your page.  

We worked with clients to replace those sorts with an option that combines up to date sales data, inventory levels, and product visuals.  

Sound interesting?  Happy to chat more. 

You can increase your revenue by 5% by replacing Shopify's default sorts. Test for free. **Show me how**
0 Likes