How to make multiple shops from one account?

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Situation- I need to make multiple stores, each with own basket, separated each from other with own domain name.

Now- all of them have  the same domain name.

What I need to do, to have multiple stores from one account(not to pay for every store with separate account)?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
54 0 11

Hello, Michael.

I'm Jason a Guru here at Shopify.

It would be possible to open two different stores, one under www.example.com (for example), and the other at its subdomain, example.mystore.com.

Also, to make sure that this is clear, you'll need to operate these separately on two separate Shopify accounts!

In terms of how to set this up, it does depend slightly on whether or not you purchase the domain from Shopify. If you purchase the domain for store #1, you'll then add this subdomain as an existing domain in store #2, both cases within Online Store > Domains.

Although currently, it is not possible to run multiple stores under one account/admin, it is possible as I mentioned to have two different stores under one Domain, having the second as a Sub-Domain!

You can add multiple Domains to one store and have them all redirect to the same place - but if it's going to be a different online storefront, with different suppliers/warehouses/products/etc, then you'd need an entirely separate account.

I hope this helps, let us know if there is anything else we can help you out with! - Jason

Jason
5 Likes
Highlighted

So for that do we need to pay two store amount, or only for one store.

Best Regards,
Patronous Inc
www.patronous.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 4

Hi Jason,

Just saw your reply and noticed a mistake: You wrote "It would be possible to open two different stores, one under www.example.com (for example), and the other at its subdomain, example.mystore.com."

A subdomain always appears BEFORE the main domain, e.g. mystore.example.com and not example.mystore.com as in your example, which would be correct if mystore.com is the main domain, and example is a subdomain. 

4 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hey Jason,

As it relates to the question posed in this thread, is there a limit to the number of subdomains that a store can have?  And can each subdomain have its on login? And does each sub domain have a seperate monthly fee?  Lastly, is there information on this that you can point us to so that we may learn more.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 4

So if I am reading this right. 

I can add another store under the same domain, but can create a 2nd store under a different subdomain. 

But using shopify, will I be able to run both stores under same admin page?

If not...do I just log out and create new emails, domain, 2nd shopify account?

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

Anyone can clarify this?

And will it affect SEO in anyway?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Ok, I have no problem with paying for two stores. 

What I do have a problem with I bought 2 new domains of you guys in my prior store to make two new stores not to connect to my prior one. Can I move them to another store account when I open that account??

Or am I sitting on a goldmine in one store :D

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
275 24 40

Hi, @Mycavemen

Ash here from the Shopify team.

You can absolutely transfer a domain purchased through Shopify from one Shopify account to another. We have a great document here which goes through the steps to make this happen! When you finish going through the steps for the transfer, it will take up to 24 hours for the transfer to complete. Once completed, email forwarding and DNS records will transfer along with the domain. 

Let us know if you have any issues with transferring your domain between stores, and our team will be happy to assist. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0
I have a couple very small ventures and would like to use my shopify account to manage them but the products are not related so I would like for it to be separated when the customer accesses it. The ventures are so small paying to create an additional store would be costly and more complicated for me to manage. What would be your suggestion here?
0 Likes