How to make multiple shops from one account?

Highlighted
3 0 0
Yeah something like that. It is possibleto connect mutiple languages on 1
extension for example .eu/fr and .eu/nl and on 1 interface but it is
impossible to connect different extensions on one interface. It is also
that i want this because french people will find my webshop faster with a
.fr extension because google shows .fr extensions faster to french ip
adresses you see...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 3

Hi Kleinekochanie,

I have an idea if you'd like to discuss it?

Please contact me at: shopcartph @ gmail.com

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
14 0 6

@MKiger Yes it is possible - I've done this with a company that had 3 distinct brand identities and domains, but shared products across all three.

It works best if the structure is mostly the same, you just want to change logos and color styles etc with css classes and liquid logic. I used {{ request.host }} within case statements to determine which branding classes should be on certain elements based on the domain accessed. I can provide some examples of the liquid logic if you'd like.

You should also be able to achieve something similar with javascript/jquery in a more succinct way. 

Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 3

Hi itsanolive,

I assume this in not available with the entry level option. Does this require the Shopify Plus level to achieve?

"It works best if the structure is mostly the same" -- Would their be an issue if you have this:

4 domains - independent navigation x seasonal display structures

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
14 0 6

Hey @devworx - it actually is achievable without Plus. The shop that I set up this way started on the Advanced level and did eventually upgrade to Plus, but the separate branding worked regardless, simply through liquid if statements. 

I ended up creating several different blocks/sections for the homepage that would only display for certain domains so that each site could display more relevant marketing creative assets etc. There's nothing to suggest this couldn't be done for other types of elements too, such as navigation. However, the caveat to that is that those elements are invisible in the theme customizer/editor ui, because the liquid logic is based on domain. 

Short answer: it's probably possible, but will take some significant delving into the codebase.

And honestly, if you're not on plus, it would probably just be easier to manage separately if the navigation and structure are going to be significantly different and change often.

But if it's pretty static and you're okay with just coding sporadic content updates manually instead of using the shopify editor UI, then you'll save some money that way.

Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 3

Hi @ itsanolive,

I like your username btw..

So, you started without Plus, but had to upgrade to Plus because of the multi-domain management?

Your short answer could be a downfall

Reviewing it appears if I'm looking to drive an EV and in the process buying the BMW version

to get a Tesla version might just put me out of business to get started.

May I ask if you are a Shopify developer partner?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
14 0 6

@devworx - thanks!

To clarify, we did not upgrade to Shopify Plus because of this. We wanted access to the checkout layout, higher api call limit, and discount scripting and workflow features. And better payment fee rates

I am a Shopify Partner (working on getting my community account connected to it) and developer. PM me for details if you're not interested in doing it all yourself and want me to be involved in a consulting capacity. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 3

Hi itsanolive,

I may need to clarify? The subscriber whats to manage additional sites ( separate domains ) in different 

languages within a single starter account. Unless he upgrades to Plus, he can not do this. 

Regardless of the Plus "perks" he would have to justify the increased monthly cost.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

ITSANOLIVE: THANK YOU!

Exactly what I am looking at developing for vendors wishing to add their product to other vendor's stores without creating an entire store to create a vendor/reseller network.

Looking forward to learning Liquid!  GREAT markup lang.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

I think the difference is this is (hey that is almost a new conditional statement 'is this is' ) 

This is a developer situation. Opportunity for developers to build new constructs, functions, features for Shopify Stores.

0 Likes