How to modify shipping address form for particular country

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I just wanted to know if I can modify a shipping/address form and add an extra field required for particular country or atleast provide a notification to that country visitor to include it in address field while they fill form. I need to collect national ID number required by Gulf countries to deliver product smoothly.

Best Regards,

Amir

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 77

Hey Amir,

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

At this time, I'm afraid there wouldn't be a way to achieve what you need. There isn't any way you can change the way your checkout is laid out. The reason for this is because the checkout is where very sensitive information is passed through, so we don't allow anyone on our standard plans to edit things.

However, I can definitely see how something like this would be handy in your situation. In this case, I will pass this along to our developers for you! Maybe a bit of leeway in the information collected will be something we can add to the platform in the future. 

In the meantime, some workarounds could be contacting customers from that specific country after they've placed their order to send you their national ID number. Check out this page in our Shopify Manual to see how you can do that. Or you can also try editing the language of the fields! That way you can prompt people to enter in this information along with they address, name, phone number, etc. For example, you could change one of the fields from 'First Name' to  'First Name and National ID Number (Optional)'- you can see how to do that on this page in our Shopify Manual.  

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey Ann.

Thanks for the valuable information you provided, this can definitely be used if we are running a country specific store.

Best Regards,

Amir

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hey Ann

It is possible to remove the required part of giving zip codes. Normally here in Korea nobody uses Zip codes. And finding them here for a local delivery becomes difficult as you have to go through another map application as there is not provided in google as well. So a customer would not go through so much trouble just to order some food from me, they would rather go to another app. Is there a solution to this?

0 Likes