How to put google adsense on my site

Highlighted
37 0 0
Hi, i was wondering if anyone out there can tell me where and how to put google adsense on my shopify site. I do remember seeing a space for it when i was setting up my shop but i can not find it now. As you can probably tell i am not a computer expert but am slowly learning. I would appreciate all of the help i can get. Thanks from Kim My shop name is Kim T Designs Fabric Wall Hangings
0 Likes
Tourist
14 0 2

I think what you’re looking for is under “Look & Feel” (on the right side of the screen) in the admin section.

The “theme.liquid” link will be the one you want if you want it to show up on every page.

Find a unique handmade greeting card. http://www.cardsbyirene.com/
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
1027 0 11

I would not advise putting adsense on your shop. Adsense is a great revenue stream for websites, but my feeling is it just doesn’t belong on an ecommerce site. I personally wouldn’t buy from an online shop that had adsense on it. Maybe thats just me…

Dan - http://www.xtremechargers.com
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Yeah but why limit yourself to only store sales when you can monetize your traffic? It's like two sales for one. And Google makes it almost stupid easy to make them flow with your website these days. I'm still learning, because Google is so complex, but they've really come a long way.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey Kimt,

Um, I don't think you meant Adsense right?

I'm so f-ing sorry if this feels like I'm insulting you but,

Adsense isn't helping you run ads. Adsense is helping Google run OTHER people's ads on YOUR site and you will be paid a small commission from that.

Did you mean Google Analytics or Google Tag manager? (These are the usual installs to help get your own ads set up)

Working on...
1. Product Lens (App that helps the middle of the funnel marketing)
2. Strategy + Tactics: Marketing Blog
3. Want store feedback? Try this free tool (You gotta give to receive)
4. 60-day SEO email course
5. FB Marketing 102 email newsletter
0 Likes
Highlighted

You can add Adsense to your website by editing your liquid files in your theme. The location in which you'd like to display the ads will determine which files you should edit. I am inclined to agree with some of the other members here that adding ads to your purchase funnel would not be a great idea since it could distract and pull customers away from converting.

Instead, I'd suggest including the Adsense ads on your Blog pages. If you display Adsense ads on your blog pages, you aren't distracting potential customers from making a purchase. At most, you'll be  preventing people from finishing reading your article (since they would have clicked on an ad and left your website). Most of the time, blog traffic is comprised of people who stop by to check out that specific article, then bounce. So I don't see any harm in monetizing those visitors.  You blog will also pull in organic traffic which is free - you surely don't want to run any PPC ads to a page with an ad for another site on it. 

Like with anything else, measure everything. If you place Adsense ads on your site and notice a lower conversion rate, lower sales than expected, or less mailing list signups, it could be doing more harm than good.

Founder || Glow Loyalty || https://www.glowloyalty.com
Founder || PayWhirl Recurring Payments || https://app.paywhirl.com
4 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey great answer thank you! How do I add adsense to just he blog page? I am not super skilled on computers but of you point me in the right direction I can do it. Thanks again 

@Brandon_Swift wrote:

You can add Adsense to your website by editing your liquid files in your theme. The location in which you'd like to display the ads will determine which files you should edit. I am inclined to agree with some of the other members here that adding ads to your purchase funnel would not be a great idea since it could distract and pull customers away from converting.

Instead, I'd suggest including the Adsense ads on your Blog pages. If you display Adsense ads on your blog pages, you aren't distracting potential customers from making a purchase. At most, you'll be  preventing people from finishing reading your article (since they would have clicked on an ad and left your website). Most of the time, blog traffic is comprised of people who stop by to check out that specific article, then bounce. So I don't see any harm in monetizing those visitors.  You blog will also pull in organic traffic which is free - you surely don't want to run any PPC ads to a page with an ad for another site on it. 

Like with anything else, measure everything. If you place Adsense ads on your site and notice a lower conversion rate, lower sales than expected, or less mailing list signups, it could be doing more harm than good.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

I'd also love to know this. Been looking for an answer to this exact question for a while  

0 Likes