How to quickly put everything on sale?

Highlighted
2 0 0

I remember seeing a blog or an article about how to put everything in a store on sale without having to change each item price manually. Now I can't find it and my searches of the blog and articles aren't pulling up anything. I want to have a big sale for BFCM and then put everything back to normal prices, without using a promo code and without spending all day changing prices on each little thing. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 168

Hey, Kathryn!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

I did some digging around when you mentioned a blog post/an article about this topic; I came across an article and wondering if this article here may be it? 

In any case, knowing that you do not want to use any discount codes, currently, the best way to achieve what you want is through apps that are available on our app store. Here are some of the apps I recommend you look into and see which one works the best for you:

1. Sale All In One by Saio
2. Bold Discounts - The Sale App
3. Bulk Discount Manager

These apps all offer you the ability to move your products from the regular prices to the on sale prices in a few clicks instead of having you edit them one by one. I suggest you try each one of them out and see which interface works the best with you. Once you've decided, remove the ones that don't work for you prior to the end of their trial period. 

I hope that information helps, however, should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reply back here and I'd be happy to help out! 

All the best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

1 Like
Excursionist
19 0 16

@JasonC I don't quite see how the article that you recommend has anything to do with applying a general sales discount to all Shopify products. Are you sure you are not just trying to drive traffic to that blog?

I see that the Shopify standard response to these kind of simply to resolve issues is still 'here is an app for which you have to pay a monthly fee'. Already back in 2016 (and probably before) people were asking about this feature, Shopify clearly doesn't care at all. Disappointing. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 168

Hey, @Bram1987!

Thanks for your feedback. The link I offered was referring to Kathryn's question regarding Kathryn's question that they came across a blog post on BFCM and putting every product on sale at once. Trust me, my singular response isn't powerful enough to drive traffic to anywhere. At the time, I was merely digging through the posts we had and wondering if that was the one. You can see it in my statement:

I did some digging around when you mentioned a blog post/an article about this topic; I came across an article and wondering if this article here may be it? 

While this feature isn't available on Shopify at the moment, it's Shopify Support's responsibility to offer any possible alternatives, such as the third-party apps, to help the merchants out. The merchants, armed with the full scoped knowledge, can then decide if the alternatives are right for their businesses.

I understand why you feel that we create a standard response to the features that aren't available at Shopify but can be achieved with third-party apps. Rest assured this isn't the case. What we're doing is collecting your voices and forwarding them to our development team. While different posts may be dated back to 2016 or prior, it takes the frontline support to keep filing them so the development team is made aware that how many people are asking for a specific feature. The more the votes a request gets, the more likely the development can pick it up and start working on it. 

With this post, I've forwarded your request on the need to have the feature to put all the products on sale at once. Let me know if there's anything you'd like to add, I'd be happy to include in your request as well.

Best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I cannot believe that there is no easy and free way to apply a bulk discount to all items

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

There's a $20 app for everything!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

yeah $20 per month

I'd pay a one off $20 for the privelege

0 Likes