How to re-send staff account invite?

1 0 0

Hi there! I have tried adding a staff account but I don't think that the invite email was received (or it got deleted or lost). How can I re-send the staff account invite?

I tried deleting the account and re-adding the staff account but the second time they couldn't find the email either. Is there a way to re-send easily? Or is there a way to set their password so that I can just tell her what it is?

Thank you very much in advance!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
47 0 9

Hey, Ada! 

Alex here from the Shopify support team. 

It doesn't look like there's currently a way to re-send a staff account invite! I would be happy to make a request that this be added during future developments, if possible. I think it would be a great feature to have. 

For now, I would recommend that your staff member double check their spam and junk folders. For a bit of context, the email will be coming from mailer@shopify.com with the subject yourstorename (Shopify) and will look like this:

The staff member would need to accept the invitation via email before their password could be changed by you from the Settings > Account section. I hope this context helps you track it down! 

If none of this works, can you reach out to us directly, so we can investigate your store specifically?

I hope this helps! 

Alex | Support

0 Likes
Excursionist
27 0 6

I've got the same problem. Prospective owner (our client) either did not get or she lost the staff invitation that I generated. Her status is "Invitation Sent" on the Accounts / Staff Accounts screen.

You have no way to re-gen the email? 

What if I delete her and re-add her? Would that generate a new email. 

Obviously, this is a major flaw in your system. It requies her to be a staff member BEFORE I can xfer the developmental store to her. But if she does not get the staff-invite then it looks like we're at a dead end... and if so, I will have to move her to SquareSpace or BigCommerce or CoreCommerce or whatever. That's a lose-lose for all of us... but what choice do I have?

Help me first and then fix this, please! (I sent a support request to partnersupport... I hope they answer me.)

Thanks

Al
NewMediaEcom.com

0 Likes
Excursionist
27 0 6

I heard back from shopify support. They sent me the same 'script' answer above. Bottom line, there is no way for the develooper/partner to resend a staff invitation. 

I've been a software engineer longer than most of the Shopify tech people have been alive. Not having a backup method to resend an email tells me that no one at Shopify is over age 30 because they all believe that all emails get delivered... so why have a re-send method? It makes be believe that if the Shopify engineers built a car they would not put in a reverse gear or a spare tire!

It sure would be nice if Shopify programmers had to USE the systems that they build... or at least ask users and developoers "How can we make what we have better?" 

Al
NewMediaEcom.com

0 Likes
1 0 0

Shopify, come on! I just tried this, too...

Making it worse... the user I invited waited and their invitation expired. I couldn't resend it. Had to delete the account and try again. 

So much about Shopify is so slick. Customer interactions allow for "re-send receipts." This seems like a weird spot to hit a wall and be confused. Re-send invitation seems like a no brainer.

0 Likes
Excursionist
27 0 6

I think the answer lies in management in the tech world today. There is not a lot of 'pride of ownership' in software these days. Shopify people are pretty much like the employees of other large tech companies. They know that the company has no loyalty to them, and in return they have no loyalty to the company. 

So they do what they are told to do... and one of the things the middle managers are told to do by top management is "Don't break the system." Once a system gets mature, the corporate culture turns from "Let's make this system awesome... as good as it can be" to "Let's make the system just good enough to get by." 

Shopify has no re-send of handoff invitations. Why? They feel the system is 'good enough' to 'get by.' It is the same with not having a code-safe update paradigm. If you add CSS to the end of Assets/theme.scss.css they theme will never get updated... that is their idea of 'code safe' and so users will be 'stuck' for life with the theme they have. 

It is 'good enough."

Every other major system out there has a simple file for developers to add CSS and which is 'slurped in' at the end so that it will override anything before and will be safe from updates. Shopify could do this in just a few lines of code... (I put in the lines in another post of mine... https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-design/t/here-is-how-to-create-a-custom-css-file-542574 )

The big thing that Shopify management does not understand is that design houses like mine are not joined at the hip with any one platform. We have options. There are plenty of systems out there we can put our clients on.

The lower echelons of Shopify are great. The customer service people and some of the junior engineers are wonderfully helpful. For many of them it is their first job out of college.

But I'm afraid that the upper and senior management have a different agenda. Those of us in the software service business for a while have all seen the progression from 'awesome' to 'just ok'  before. 

Al
NewMediaEcom.com

0 Likes
Excursionist
26 0 1

Hello @Al7

I know this is a old post, just wondering if the below proposed solution worked for you, I'm running into the same issue myself.

@Al7 wrote:

What if I delete her and re-add her? Would that generate a new email. 

Thanks,

Alia

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Just had this same issue (was down to one of my colleagues using a server-side spam filter which was blocking Shopify.com emails without him knowing).

Deleting the account and setting it up again worked fine for me (made sure my colleague white-listed Shopify.com first!).

Russ

1 Like
1 0 0

Having the same issue, but deleting the account doesn't seem to work. It won't delete.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1
Sounds like an issue to contact Shopify about to me.

Russ
0 Likes