How to redeem a service at store?

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello, 

I am looking for a feature to redeem the service / product at physical store by maybe code scanning or a simply system without logging in to admin platform, after customer had purchased our service / product. And the order record should be updates as fulfilled real time and unable to make the redemption again.

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
830 53 132

Hi, there.

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team.

In order to ensure that I am on the same page as you to give you the information that you need, I want to make sure I am following what you're saying.

By the sounds of it, you're looking for a feature that will allow you to scan items that your customers want to purchase in your store, is that correct? You want the order to sync up with your inventory in real-time and allow for barcode scanning? Am I correct in understanding what you're referring to?

If I am then it sounds like you're going to want to look into the Shopify POS system. If you're going to use that, however, you're going to need to sign in with your Shopify account login information. The only way, actually, to be able to have all of your data sync up in real-time would be to log into your admin so that feature wouldn't be able to be avoided.

However, if you were to go with this POS option you have the ability to have your customers check out in person, you can connect receipt printers to your device as well as scanners to make the purchasing process seamless for you and your customers.

When I had a business that was selling in-person I used the Shopify POS platform and it made my convention shows a breeze when I had long lineups of customers.

Have you looked into the Shopify POS system before?

If I'm not quite understanding what you're referring to then please do let me know so that I can make sure that I am properly assisting you.

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Hello, thank you for your reply, the inventory is also one of my concern.
But maybe I am not so clear to describe my main consideration. 
To make it clear, I would like to list out my situation:

1. Customer purchased from our online store, eg. a dress
2. And customer choose pick-up from redemption centre. Let say we may have more than one centre and she can pick-up from any one of those
3. Customer come to one of our redemption centre and to show up her receipt / record in order to pick-up her dress
4. Redemption centre need to redeem her order and therefore order status become fulfilled. 
5. As long as order fulfilled, customer will not able to double redeem the product from another centre or another day.

And I would like to to find out a way that could make the point 4 easier, may be, a bar code on the digital order receipt (purchased from web store), so customer just need to show the receipt (order confirmation email or purchased history) and we scan the bar code to indicated that the order was fulfilled, and a decline message if the order is already fulfilled. (We not prefer the physical store able to login to the online store backend) So may be the POS app is a good choice? or is there may be some better way from your sides that I missed. If i am not clear, please let me know, thanks a lot.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
830 53 132

Thank you so much for the detailed elaboration. Have you looked into the app Zapiet yet? For what you're wanting I think that this could be a good option for you. 

I also found one that I think is absolutely perfect for what you're wanting. It's called Reserve In-Store and it allows your customers to reserve products online for in-store pickup. 

Have you looked into any of those options yet? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thank you, I have just checked the options you provide, which are good, especially Zapiet seems able to solve some of our problems.

Since we have our own QR /bar code scanner and existing inventory system at redemption centre/retail shop, can we also input a bulk of external code into Shopify for generating QR/ bar code? Customer will receive the code after purchased, and they will use it to redeem products. To do so, order from Shopify can make consistence with our existing inventory system. 

To recap, we are looking for :

1. Method to input external code in order to generate QR/bar code for redeem at store.

2. Able to scan QR/bar code with our own scanner in stead of shopify POS apps.

3. Any possible that we can view which order redeemed at our shopify backend.

Thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
830 53 132

Great questions! 

I will answer them in chronological order. 

1.  As far as I know, that can't be done. As general support, my range of knowledge on this matter has been a bit overexerted, however, if you reach out to the Shopify Experts this might be able to be done for you. However, I want to make sure that there is a very very strong emphasis on the word might.

2. You're able to use your own POS tools if you want, but in order for them to connect with Shopify POS and sync properly, you're going to want to make sure that you're using any of the items on this document about our compatible Barcode Scanners.

3. That would also be a custom requirement that would relate to #1. In that case, you would want to confer with the Experts to see if this would be a possible feature to add to the original customization request. 

I know I wasn't able to directly answer all of your questions, but I do hope that that helped to point you in a direction. If you have any further questions, as always please feel free to ask! 

0 Likes