How to remove avatar account checkout page.

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I want to remove this avatar in the checkout page after login.
Please help me!

123.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
139 12 24

Hi, @gabe12!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify.

The avatar connecting in the Shopify checkout is always there when a customer logs in. When checking out through a Shopify checkout, a customer has the option to save their details for future purchases, and this happens across all Shopify stores. Based on this, the avatar cannot be removed, but a customer would only see their own.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on why you'd like to remove this, though! Let me know by replying to the thread, as I can always pass on feedback on your behalf!

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
139 12 24

I also just spoke with a colleague, and found out that another reason you are seeing a profile picture for this customer is because they have an account with Gravatar! Gravatar allows users to upload profile pictures which will be displayed on many different sites around the web.

Thanks again!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm also looking to do this as it doesn't fit in with my website and looks out of place.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Was there a resolution for this.

Even I was wondering how we can do that or at least change the default image. The color scheme of the default thumbnail just does not go with the checkout page of my store.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Bump.

Even I am looking for a solution for this :(, does not look like there is an easy way out 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I also need this Gravatar thumbnail to be removed please!??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 3 5

I agree with removing avatars from checkout.

They really dont add anything to the user experience. And the design of the default avatar doesnt match most store designs. If it was simpler, grey, and smaller, it wouldnt be so out of place.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.

EGLOO™ is LCdM's Shopify department, with full concentration in developing Shopify stores to help merchants sell.
Need a partner to help you modify or customize your store?
We are HERE to help.
Email: hola@egloo.es

0 Likes