How to remove catalog from restricted facebook business manager account?

willy73
Visitor
1 0 2

Hi, guys i am trying to connect a facebook business manager account with f.b marketing app to start advertising, unfortunately one of my business manager account has been restricted due to unknown advertising policy violations by facebook, I opened a case to lift the restrictions from my business manager account, but unfortunately i am not getting any response. The app is not connecting with the another business manager account because the f.b page is owned by the restricted business manager account. i even tried to move the page ownership to another page admin. the error appears (try again later) than i quit.

However, I found a second solution to delete the f.b page from the restricted business manager account, so that i could add the page to the another busniness manager account, when i tried to remove the page, the note appears ( Page is associated with a Commerce Account and cannot be moved. Please disable the Commerce Account first before trying again )

when i went into the commerce account then clicked on commerce manager, there is a shopify catalog, i thought when i'll delete this catalog the commerce account will be disabled than the f.b page will be deleted from the restricted business manager account & i'll be able to move the ownership of the page to the another business manager account, so that i could start advertising with the f.b marketing app, but when i tried to delete the catalog the error appears ( Application does not have permission for this action )

I am stuck with this issue for over a week now, please help me, guide me. i am already late i want to start advertising as soon as possible, as this is the peak time for the advertising, i am suffering a big loss due to this issue & i couldn't find any way to get the help from f.b representative. they have closed the live chat option. they are not responding to my appeal. please help me. i would be very thankful to you.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards
willy

Replies 26 (26)

Ctyldsley
Visitor
1 0 0

Did you ever solve this? I've had the exact same issue which is preventing us from advertising.

Brauzz
Tourist
3 0 5

Same Problem here, shopify really made life difficult by not letting us Set up Facebook Pixel without going through the process of the Facebook App. 

Please let me know if you find a work around. 

benmanker
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm having the same problem still. Did you get this figured out?

ForeverPup
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue. Round and round in circles trying to get everything connected. Now trying to disconnect everything to start fresh to fix the unknown error but I can't even do that. I hope someone can help.

AC4
Tourist
18 0 2

Why did Shopify force you to use this ridiculous app just to install a pixel?? I can't disconnect my business manager that has been disabled by FB. Go back to the old setup!!

HappyDoggos1
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi 

Did you find a solution? 🙂 

Dod1
Excursionist
11 0 6

Having the same issue. Both google and facebook banning me for vague reasons. Can't get an answer as to why. Trying to start over but can't delete the shopify business manager. Round in circles with both google and facebook. Useless support from both companies. Think I may go back to wordpress and woocommerce. 

MooTown
Visitor
1 0 0

Same issues, same thoughts.  Why pay a fee when you can't resolve these types of issues!

Brauzz
Tourist
3 0 5

My workaround to not lose the page was to link it to another Business Manager. The initial, restricted Business Manager account is still the owner of the page, but nonetheless the page can also be connected to other Business Managers. Biggest downside of this is that the catalogue is stuck with the initial restricted Business Manager, which is why products can not be linked and sold directly via Facebook/Instagram. 

g33kgirl
Shopify Partner
390 109 142

@Brauzz this doesn't work and not only does it make the issue even more complicated but it can also get your page permanently banned. The best thing to do is to contact Facebook and ask them for clarity on why the catalog is restricted. I made the changes to the Shopify website because of which I was having these issues and got the Business Manager approved and subsequently even the catalog as well. 

If you found my answer helpful, please LIKE and ACCEPT.
buymeacoffee.com/g33kgirl
If you're not comfortable with code, please modify code files at your own risk.

Dod1
Excursionist
11 0 6
No clue, I'm trying to set up a new business manager but also having issues with that. Facebook saying I'm unable to. You need a four year degree in order understand Facebook and Google ads sales channel. They've made it so difficult and confusing
Lornacanta
Visitor
2 0 0

Same problem since December! Any updates?

Dod1
Excursionist
11 0 6

I had to delete my facebook page and create a new business page. Once that is done go through the whole process again with the shopify facebook app and use a different commerce manager.

OnlineEvolution
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, did this solution work for you?

Lukas_fagerhaug
Visitor
2 0 2

Have you found out any solutions? I am having the same issue.

Dod1
Excursionist
11 0 6
I had to delete my Facebook page then start a new one.

VectorDesignsAZ
Visitor
2 0 3

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. My troubles occurred after I read on another shopify support board to change a bunch of my settings to resolve another issue. In doing so my commerce account was immediately locked and there seems to be no going back. Now for whatever it is I'm on Amazon and Google doing just fine and had zero issues with integration. Then I link my Facebook to Shopify and all hell breaks loose. Integrity this, error that, no permission here, you cant do that there. Then when you say woah... somethings amiss here lets pull the plug on that. THEY WONT LET YOU.  I don't fault Shopify because Iven been able to integrate with other platforms seamlessly. This is %100 Facebook and their labyrinth of business manager, commerce manager, ad manager, this manager that manager. If one doesn't like the other then the whole family doesn't talk and your sitting there like bum at thanksgiving dinner waiting for someone to pass the gravy! HEADS UP THE GRAVY AINT COMING! Facebook has the most dysfunctional management platform I've ever seen. Let me forewarn any one that comes across this board thinking about clicking that integrate with Facebook button. You better KNOW what you're doing and not just think you know what you're doing. If Facebook is supposed to be the meat and potato's of your business platform. Hire a professional to do this crap for you. If you screw it up Facebook wont even look at you, your Business page, Your Shopify platform Anything. You will be essentially blacklisted. You have 2 self attempts to integrate and 1 appeal. that's it. Thankfully I don't give two turds what Facebook can do for me or my business. 

Hengus
Visitor
1 0 0

Me too, same as you, it's damn frustrating. If you want to delete your catalog it should be as simple as pushing a button. Not all this hoop jumping and not getting anywhere. Did you end up sorting your out?

Lornacanta
Visitor
2 0 0

same problem. I guess we need to just forget about this and move in another direction. ;(

g33kgirl
Shopify Partner
390 109 142

I have been going through the same nightmare. The issue with mine is that I created a new Facebook page, created a new Business Manager to connect to this page and connected my Instagram page to this new Facebook page, and thankfully the Shop got approved within a month.

However, my main business is in Instagram and while my Instagram is connected to the new Facebook page and Business manager, Instagram Shop somehow seems to be stuck in the old restricted Business Manager. Because the Commerce Account is restricted, I cannot remove Instagram Shop from the Sales channel in the restricted Commerce Account. After contacting support, only reply I get is to wait for the re-appeal button (which they don't know when that will be) and read the terms and conditions. I'm not concerned about the new or old Facebook Page anymore.  I cannot, unfortunately, create a new Instagram page as I have spent money on ads and have around 3k+ followers whom I cannot afford to lose. All I want is my Instagram page to be connected to Instagram Shopping and I don't know whom to contact to get this done as I have been stuck since December. Why have they made it so difficult is beyond me!

If you found my answer helpful, please LIKE and ACCEPT.
buymeacoffee.com/g33kgirl
If you're not comfortable with code, please modify code files at your own risk.
JustVibesLabel
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi! 

got the exact same issue here.. 

Did u find a way around it?? I'm going crazy.. Went to facebook, went to shopify,.. no one can help me solve this! 

I soo hope that you found an solution.. 

VectorDesignsAZ
Visitor
2 0 3

I went through this trouble for months earlier this year. Got tossed between shopify and FB support both claiming it was a problem on the other end. Eventually I had a FB support person tell me I needed a to have a minimum of 10K likes/ followers on my FB page before I could integrate shopping 🤔. I knew this to be the case with Instagram but never heard about this for FB. I don't know if this is accurate but I just stopped trying to fix it because I got NO help and different contradicting information with every phone call. 

Fed18Ro
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

I was able to fix the issue. 

You will have to set up a product feed. For my store, I use Feed Donkey because I needed other feeds to connect my shop to other platforms, but feel free to use whatever app fits your needs best. (if you choose Feed Donkey and don't know how to set things up just talk to the support, they will set everything up for you). 

After you have your product feed correctly configured for Facebook upload

Go into your commerce manager, click the shopify catalog and go to data sources (left menu, under the blue catalog tab). Set up a new feed with the data feed of your products. I've set up hourly updates, but feel free to use whatever option fits you best. (Right corner "add new feed" button, select "scheduled feed", paste the feed link (let the username and password blank), set the schedule of the updates you want for your feed - I use hourly updates, and complete the setting) 

After your new data feed is set up, click on the shopify data feed, click settings and delete the feed. 

This should remove the disfunctional feed and will keep your store updated to your Facebook catalog. 

Credits for this resolution goes to Shreyas from Facebook Customer Support who spent about 40 minutes with me on the phone and chat to help me fix this issue. 
P.S. If you need assistance with any other issue feel free to contact Facebook via chat as well and they will help you out. Here's a useful link: https://www.facebook.com/business/help 

GJayS
Tourist
4 0 1

I’m having the same problem. Shopify’s app takes you through this step by step process and everything’s all good, but by the time you find out about all these multiple complex layers of facebook accounts: facebook commerce and pixel and business manager and ad accounts and business ad accounts.. everything’s restricted. In my case they not only restricted the business account, they disabled my personal facebook account for several days. What horrific product synced from shopify that so egregiously violated facebook’s community guidelines (even though I can’t find a specific guideline it violates)? The gift card product you make directly on shopify. 5 denominations of gift card.

ShaunSBMater
Visitor
1 0 0

I had the same issue but found that when I went to Business setting>Users>People>Main account>Catalogs I was able to remove the shopify catalog there. I think this has to do with your main account having admin privilege.

smo
Shopify Partner
6 0 2

Thanks for the tip! In case others find this thread on google, I found that I also needed to remove it by going to Business settings>Data Sources>Catalogs.

I'm not sure removing it from the users section actually deleted it, it may have just removed access from my account. It seems to be actually deleted now.

Next step is to create a new one and not use the default Shopify product feed to avoid the problems with gift cards being automatically synced (even though I tried to disable them).

What a mess.