How to remove catalog from restricted facebook business manager account?

willy73
1 0 1

Hi, guys i am trying to connect a facebook business manager account with f.b marketing app to start advertising, unfortunately one of my business manager account has been restricted due to unknown advertising policy violations by facebook, I opened a case to lift the restrictions from my business manager account, but unfortunately i am not getting any response. The app is not connecting with the another business manager account because the f.b page is owned by the restricted business manager account. i even tried to move the page ownership to another page admin. the error appears (try again later) than i quit.

However, I found a second solution to delete the f.b page from the restricted business manager account, so that i could add the page to the another busniness manager account, when i tried to remove the page, the note appears ( Page is associated with a Commerce Account and cannot be moved. Please disable the Commerce Account first before trying again )

when i went into the commerce account then clicked on commerce manager, there is a shopify catalog, i thought when i'll delete this catalog the commerce account will be disabled than the f.b page will be deleted from the restricted business manager account & i'll be able to move the ownership of the page to the another business manager account, so that i could start advertising with the f.b marketing app, but when i tried to delete the catalog the error appears ( Application does not have permission for this action )

I am stuck with this issue for over a week now, please help me, guide me. i am already late i want to start advertising as soon as possible, as this is the peak time for the advertising, i am suffering a big loss due to this issue & i couldn't find any way to get the help from f.b representative. they have closed the live chat option. they are not responding to my appeal. please help me. i would be very thankful to you.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards
willy

Ctyldsley
1 0 0

Did you ever solve this? I've had the exact same issue which is preventing us from advertising.

0 Likes
Brauzz
1 0 3

Same Problem here, shopify really made life difficult by not letting us Set up Facebook Pixel without going through the process of the Facebook App. 

Please let me know if you find a work around. 

benmanker
2 0 0

I'm having the same problem still. Did you get this figured out?

0 Likes
ForeverPup
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue. Round and round in circles trying to get everything connected. Now trying to disconnect everything to start fresh to fix the unknown error but I can't even do that. I hope someone can help.

0 Likes
AC4
Tourist
16 0 2

Why did Shopify force you to use this ridiculous app just to install a pixel?? I can't disconnect my business manager that has been disabled by FB. Go back to the old setup!!

0 Likes
HappyDoggos1
1 0 0

Hi 

Did you find a solution?  

0 Likes
Dod1
Tourist
11 0 3

Having the same issue. Both google and facebook banning me for vague reasons. Can't get an answer as to why. Trying to start over but can't delete the shopify business manager. Round in circles with both google and facebook. Useless support from both companies. Think I may go back to wordpress and woocommerce. 

Dod1
Tourist
11 0 3
No clue, I'm trying to set up a new business manager but also having issues with that. Facebook saying I'm unable to. You need a four year degree in order understand Facebook and Google ads sales channel. They've made it so difficult and confusing
0 Likes
VectorDesignsAZ
1 0 2

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. My troubles occurred after I read on another shopify support board to change a bunch of my settings to resolve another issue. In doing so my commerce account was immediately locked and there seems to be no going back. Now for whatever it is I'm on Amazon and Google doing just fine and had zero issues with integration. Then I link my Facebook to Shopify and all hell breaks loose. Integrity this, error that, no permission here, you cant do that there. Then when you say woah... somethings amiss here lets pull the plug on that. THEY WONT LET YOU.  I don't fault Shopify because Iven been able to integrate with other platforms seamlessly. This is %100 Facebook and their labyrinth of business manager, commerce manager, ad manager, this manager that manager. If one doesn't like the other then the whole family doesn't talk and your sitting there like bum at thanksgiving dinner waiting for someone to pass the gravy! HEADS UP THE GRAVY AINT COMING! Facebook has the most dysfunctional management platform I've ever seen. Let me forewarn any one that comes across this board thinking about clicking that integrate with Facebook button. You better KNOW what you're doing and not just think you know what you're doing. If Facebook is supposed to be the meat and potato's of your business platform. Hire a professional to do this crap for you. If you screw it up Facebook wont even look at you, your Business page, Your Shopify platform Anything. You will be essentially blacklisted. You have 2 self attempts to integrate and 1 appeal. that's it. Thankfully I don't give two turds what Facebook can do for me or my business.