How to remove my credit card from shopify payment method?

Highlighted
2 0 0

I want to remove my credit card from shopify payment method, but there is no option to remove, only you can add cards. Please suggest me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1200 118 304

Hey there, @sanchita 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this. Cards cannot be removed from your Shopify account through the admin, they can only be replaced. This is to ensure that there is always a card available to charge when your invoice is due. Once you add a new card to your account this is the only card that will be charged. If you would like to have the card taken off your account completely I can look into getting this sent to our Account Integrity team to get this actioned. Could you please explain why it is that you require this card to be removed?

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
216 7 23

Hi @sanchita,

Credit card details are your billing information on Shopify. As we may know, these are very important and sensitive, So important that you had better keep it secured carefully enough. Currently, on the Shopify platform, you are only allowed to pay for your expenses with a valid credit card from Mastercard, Visa, or American Express. Debit cards are not available for now. One more thing you have to know is that your credit cards must allow Recurring Payments service to be functional with Shopify.

If you are based in the United States and have a USD bank account that accepts Automated Clearing House (ACH) debits, you can verify your account to use as your functional payment method. To be sure, you should check with your bank to see if your account accepts ACH debits.

In case there are some changes with your credit card details, you have to make sure that you would update those on Shopify. In this article, we will find out how to change your credit card details on the Shopify platform.

Hope this helps!

I'm Jason Dao, Manager of Research & Development Department at Avada Ecommerce.
0 Likes