How to remove stores from your account

Highlighted
1 0 1

I have 3 old stores that are past the trial period I decided not to open, and 1 active store.  I cannot figure out how to permanently remove the 3 old stores from my account?  When I try to enter the account in hopes of deleting them, I can't go anywhere without opting to buy a monthly package.  Help!?!

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
351 39 80

Hey, @rierie!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Frozen or canceled stores will not be accessible, but the store names are still linked to you if you've used the same email address to open them. If you're no longer going to need the data from those store accounts and don't plan on coming back to them in the future for anything at all, we can look into taking care of the removal of these accounts. 

I've gone ahead and sent you an email. Once we get you securely authenticated, I can take a look at resolving the old accounts situation for you!

I'm happy to help!

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey,

I have the same issue with the store that I didn't go ahead with it and I left the shop close. But then I opened I new shop with the same domain, but now the naked domain is liked that old shop and I am not allowed to redirect this naked domain to my www. domain. I don't remember which email I was using with that old site. Can someone from Shopify help me here, please? Thanks a lot. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Lilithi,

I have a similar issue.

I by mistake created 3 shopify accounts but I only using 1.

It annoys me that every time I connect with my email account i get asked to pick the "store".

The names are very similar and i do get confused sometimes.

How can i delete my 2 other stores?

Thank you,

Tania

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Lilith

I am having the same issue. I am trying to open the Instagram option in my new store however it directs to the old store.

Can you help resolve please

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I have the same issue. How can you help me out?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I also want to remove the old stores

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 2

Dear Lilith , 

kindly post your email or any other email so people with similar issues can reach you or anyone from your team .

thanx ...

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the same problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Had a similar problem. The risk of signing up for a trial is, that if you don't go live before the trial ends, and your account expires, the shop name you used for your trial can never be used again.

I signed up for a store years ago, with the name I wanted. Then, life changed, and I had to put my store on hold. Now, a few years later, I am ready to open the store again, except I can't. The store is now unavailable, and the email I used to sign up cannot be used to reactivate the store.

Without thinking about this, I signed up AGAIN, with the next best store name, BUT I will not be ready to launch/pay before the trial ends, so now it appears I will lose this store name too.

If you are just trying to learn how Shopify works, via a free trial, sign up with a name you never want to use for real, incase the trial expires - this way, you are not burning your desired store name.

0 Likes