How to remove the code of app from shopify theme before uninstalling it?

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

I have to delete an app i.e. "SEO optimizer by Booster app" from my Shopify store. But before uninstalling it, I should remove its code from my Shopify theme as well. But I have no idea how to do this. If somebody is familiar with it, then please let me know how to remove the code from the theme to delete the app completely from the store. Because the remaining code may cause the store to load slowly.

Regards;
Haris Hameed

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
479 41 105

Hi, Haris!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Before uninstalling any apps, it's important to check the app's help documentation to determine whether there are any steps required to complete the uninstallation. You can often find help documentation for apps directly within the app itself; typically, it will be under a section titled Support or Help. You can also usually access this from the Support section of the app's About page in the Shopify App Store.

In this case, the developers for the SEO Image Optimizer app have a link to their FAQ directly on their app's About page. There, you'll find a help doc on how to uninstall the app, which includes a video that will walk you through the process of removing the app's code from your theme file. You can access that here

In the future, if you are ever needing help with any third-party apps, you can always reach out to the developers directly. Like their help documentation, their contact information can also be found in the Support section on their app pages.

I hope the video helps! Let me know how that goes. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes