How to resend a shipping confirmation email?

Boostology
1 0 1

Come on Shopify, it has been years since this was first reported to you, yet I see there is still no way you can resend a dispatch confirmation if you accidentally dispatched it without the box ticked

It can't be that hard to sort this out!

donutlover22
1 0 0

Hi there,

I have an unconventional solution for the problem you experience:

1. Go to settings -> notifications -> shipping -> shipping confirmation. 

2. copy the email body (HTML)

3. go back to notifications -> shipping -> shipping update 

4. remove the existing email body and replace it with the copied email body from the "shipping confirmation"

5. Do the exact same thing for the title, replace "Shipping update for order {{ name }}" in " A shipment from order {{ name }} is on the way"

6. go back to your orders -> click on the order you want to send the confirmation mail -> under the product you have sold, you can find a tab with "more" click on it to reveal a dropdown menu -> click on edit tracking.

7. leave the tracking-number and carrier  as it is, make sure the little box "send notification email to customer" is checked

8. save it 

9. Now you will see that Shopify has send your customer "a shipping update" , but only we know that the customer is receiving the email with a shipping confirmation

10. If this was a one time mistake (forgetting to send the customer a shipping confirmation) make sure to go back to notification -> shipping update -> scroll all the way down -> and click on set to default, this will revert the shipping update template into normal. 

Good luck! 

0 Likes
willholsten
Tourist
5 0 1

This isn't a perfect solution but you can go into the order and under the list of products you can click "More > Cancel Fulfilment".

Now you can go ahead and fulfil the order with the shipping confirmation email checked.

CD
Excursionist
18 0 4

"This isn't a perfect solution but you can go into the order and under the list of products you can click "More > Cancel Fulfilment". Now you can go ahead and fulfil the order with the shipping confirmation email checked."

Hi there!

I have the same problem and I need to solve it right now. I unchecked the "send a confirmation email" when I fulfilled the order and now there is no way to send the shipping confirmation email. 

I already send the package to UPS this morning. So my question is: if I "Cancel Fulfilment" as you are suggesting, do I need to buy a new label? Is this going to generate a new tracking number? Again, my package is already on its way. I just want to be able to send a shipping confirmation email to my customer.

Thanks! Please someone help!

0 Likes
willholsten
Tourist
5 0 1

I can’t guarantee this, but I am almost certain fulfilling and unfulfilling orders is for internal use and it shouldn’t cause problems for third party companies. 

In my opinion to cancel the UPS shipment you’d have to use their system to do so. 

0 Likes
CD
Excursionist
18 0 4

I am sending the Shipping Confirmation email from my email with the link to the tracking number, so I don't take the risk to generate a new tracking number. But I will keep in mind that every time I fulfill an order the "Send a Shipping Confirmation email to your customer" NEEDS TO BE CHECKED!

Thanks for your reply though Appreciate it!

0 Likes
willholsten
Tourist
5 0 1

Yeah that’s probably a good call. I don’t know your systems. 

A good way to stay on top of it is to fulfil the orders from the orders page instead of the individual order page. There’s a simple pop up and the checkbox remembers your last selection. 

0 Likes
Kathleen_Sigmon
4 0 0

I find it baffling that Shopify cannot fix little things like this.  It has been years and years and still no change.  This and other annoying issues make Shopify very unpleasant to use at times.

0 Likes