How to resend a shipping confirmation email?

Highlighted
1 0 1

I printed a label for a customer, and wanted to wait to send her the notification the next day so I unchecked the "send shipping confirmation" box. Now I can't find how to resend it! Anyone know a way? Seems like a pretty basic feature to have.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
50 0 4

Hello, Juliet!

Xue here from the Shopify team - here to help you out with your request. 

When you uncheck the option to 'send shipping confirmation' this disables the shipping notification, and cannot be re-enabled. I can understand that ideally, it would be great to have a functionality built in where you can add the notification later. That is why I've reached out to our lovely product development team (who oversee developments to the platform such as timeline notifications) know that this is a feature you would like to see us support. In the meantime, for this existing customer, you can reach out to them outside of Shopify to provide their shipping details. 

In the future, you can keep the 'send shipping confirmation' checked, and you'll be given the option to update the tracking in the future from within the order's timeline. 

If you'd like to discuss this further, feel free to reach out to our support team at any time

All the best, 

Xue | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

Hey -- just wanted to check in here. I see that it's been 2 years since this thread first opened, and I ran into the same situation today. I wanted to send confirmation email tonight, but can't find an option to resend since I unchecked the box. Are there any solutions for this yet?

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I'm wondering the same thing. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1
Just wanted to follow up and say this also happened to me, and is frustrating. Please implement.
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 3
Hey everyone,

Wanted to pop back in and say I've still not found a solution to this after
all this time. I've only been able to try to recreate a tracking email with
my email client (you can use Mail Chimp, Omnisend, Kalviyo, etc) and send
that to the customer who I need to send the tracking to. If you don't mind
voiding the label you created and create another one, I think you *might*
be able to resend it then. Can't be sure -- haven't tried this. Let me know
if that works!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi! I am looking for a solution to this issue as well. I processed an order Sunday to ship out Monday, however I realized the shipping confirmation was never sent to the the customer.  It's really frustrating that I cannot go in and manually send a shipping confirmation - that should be so simple. It would help if there has been a solution.  In my particular instance, I cannot void and resend as the package has already been shipped.  Obviously, I can just send her a manual email, but I shouldn't have to as it doesn't look it's best when sending.  I would have to loved to have this fixed before she calls in to ask where her package is, but then again maybe I am overlooking where the button is - however this wasn't the first time this has happened. Has there been a fix?

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello!

We ran into this same issue. A nice workaround is to send a short direct email to the customer including a link to the order status page. You can find this link by accessing the "More Actions" drop-down menu at the top of the page within the order itself:

Orders -> More Actions -> View Order Status Page

This will direct you to an order status page and you can copy/paste the URL into a brief email to your customer.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 11

Any update on this?

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I agree that this would be so simple.  I really would like to know why it isn't available. 

I like to prep all my "paper" first and then check the warehouse for inventory.  There might be a chance that the products are not in stock but the shipping confirmation email would have been sent. 

So now I'm stuck with either changing the way I do my prepping, or be forced to send a retraction/apology email.

0 Likes