How to restrict shipping countries on certain items/collections?

1 0 0

Hi Peter,

Can I get that info email as well? 

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
792 45 122

@verduredigital 

Sure thing! I've shipped you an email. 

----

To all future viewers, I'll provide some additional context here as well. The Shipping Profiles feature which is currently in beta will help with creating per product shipping rates within your admin. We have three help docs that outline the feature, and how to get it set up in your store once the feature launches. 

Our teams are hard at work to get this feature launched as soon as possible. We hope to have this feature added to every store by the end of fall! 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0
Hey Peter - could you please send an email to me too? Very interested in seeing these features get rolled out as we are in the same pickle.

Thanks!
0 Likes
Explorer
51 6 20

For anyone struggling with this issue it is possible to create your own way around it. We also can not sell certain items to certain countries, we added this functionality by adding in Shopify scripts and tagging the products we don't want to Ship to certain countries with a specific tag. Using this method the customer will be able to add products to their cart but will be notified at checkout to remove the products they cannot purchase. They will not be able to checkout until they remove those items.

For merchants without Shopify plus you could use a free IP to address API I like this one https://ipapi.co/ this will give the city, state/province, and country of the customer. You could include this check in your product.liquid file or within the product section of your theme.js file. From there if they fail the check you could disable the buy button. If you have plus I would suggest using this method with your Shopify Script method since it is still technically possible for someone to programmatically add to their cart with the cart AJAX API and as far as I know the only way to stop that is through Shopify Scripts.

If anyone is interested in adding these things feel free to message me.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
792 45 122

@TheBigPossum 

You bet! Email sent!

0 Likes
1 0 0

I do have that request too!

0 Likes
1 0 0

Email please and thanks.  

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Peter,

Can you please send me the email too? info@cardology.co.uk

What is the estimate date for launch? This will determine whether I wait to implement this or have to install yet another app :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
792 45 122

@cardology_ltd @2bluemonkeys @musicd 

I've shipped each of you an email! We don't currently have a set date for this feature outside of being available by the end of Fall 2019. 

0 Likes
2 0 0

I see mention of Shipping Profiles all over the Shopify Help pages. But my store still has Shipping Zones. When will the Shipping Profiles be available for everyone? I am in need of these features for international orders now. 

0 Likes