How to restrict staff account from payment provider

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

I am setting up the shopify payment.And need to fill in some personal details.

In the meanwhile , I found that my staff account also can visit the page of "Payment providers"

That means he can also see my personal details?

Is it possible that restrict him from the session of "payment providers" only, not the whole "settings" session.

1.jpg

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2412 163 355

Hi @249823570,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Really good question. Something to remember with staff members being added to your store is that only the account owner can view billing information or make changes to the store's subscription or banking information, so in terms of your personal details as the account owner they will always be protected. 

20-21-i4bxc-gn9rb

But to restrict a staff member from the Payment providers it would also restrict from the other settings which you mentioned. You can see the Shopify help guide going through all of the information for this here

I know that might not be completely ideal, but you can be sure that any personal or sensitive details for you as the account owner are protected. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

@Nick wrote:

Hi @249823570,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Really good question. Something to remember with staff members being added to your store is that only the account owner can view billing information or make changes to the store's subscription or banking information, so in terms of your personal details as the account owner they will always be protected. 

20-21-i4bxc-gn9rb

But to restrict a staff member from the Payment providers it would also restrict from the other settings which you mentioned. You can see the Shopify help guide going through all of the information for this here

I know that might not be completely ideal, but you can be sure that any personal or sensitive details for you as the account owner are protected. 

All the best, Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply.

Did you mean that my staff account could not see my ID number/Passport number after I finish the setting up of shopify payment (entered my personal details) ?

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2412 163 355

No problem. 

Did you mean that my staff account could not see my ID number/Passport number after I finish the setting up of shopify payment (entered my personal details) ?

That is correct. The staff member would not be able to see any billing info even with full access to the store, this is restricted only to the account owner, so you would have nothing to worry about here. Any sensitive information like this is protected for the Account Owner. 

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes