How to sell a product to limited customers?

Solved
chiyoppy
3 0 0

Hello,

I am the owner of a community site. I plan to sell our products only to users in the community. It's a limited edition product, so only users in the community can buy it. Is it possible to create such an EC site with Shopify?
If possible, the web front end wants to use Shopify, but we can also code, design, and host the site. In this case, please let me know if there is a way to introduce Shopify as a store backend.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 162

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. That's a great question!

Often securing particular pages or products on your store for specific audiences is done using a wholesale app, like Locksmith or Wholesale Lock Manager, amongst others, which you can find here in our App Store

They will enable you to divide your store into areas accessible by everybody, and then other areas for specific customers. You could use this to limit access to certain products, for example. I'd suggest reaching out to the app developers for more insight on their app, share with them your particular use case, and see which app integration best suits your business needs. 

Let me know your thoughts! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

chiyoppy
3 0 0

Thank you for your quick reply, Cal.

I'll check wholesale app by App Store. I haven't tried it yet, but there are so many apps that some of them will meet my needs.

My concern is how to link user account on our system with Shopify customer data. I hope OAuth or OpenID Connect is available. Is there any information about connecting to OAuth provider? We have the same OAuth provider functionality as Twitter and Facebook. If Shopify can link to these services, it's likely to be able to integrate with our system as well.

Best regard,

0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 162

This is an accepted solution.

That's great to hear! I hope one of those apps proves useful for your business.

In relation to your query on whether we have specific integrations, I'd suggest posting in the developers' forum and someone there may be able to offer some insight! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
chiyoppy
3 0 0

Thank you for giving me good advice

0 Likes