How to send a second abandoned checkout e-mail?

Saimys
Visitor
1 0 2

Hello,

I wanted to ask, how do I send a second abandoned checkout e-mail?

I've sent one already, but I've got a message to my e-mail that there's some kind of error and it didn't go through.

Now in the Orders -> Abandoned Checkouts tab it shows that the e-mail is sent and there is no other option.

I've considered sending it from the usual business e-mail (@gmail.com), but it wouldn't look professional.

Maybe someone has any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Replies 4 (4)

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 156

Hi, @Saimys!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks so much for your question. Sending abandoned cart emails are a great way to get potential customers back into your store. At this stage, it's not possible to send through a second abandoned cart email using Shopify's built-in notifications. Not all is lost though. There are some other options available to you. I'll also be happy to put forward some feedback on your behalf for our product team to consider adding in the ability to resend abandoned cart notifications. This won't guarantee a change, but it will be looked into.

Going forward, one great way to schedule multiple abandoned cart emails for your customers (or to resend unsuccessful emaiils) is to use one of the many email marketing apps on offer in the Shopify App Store.. Not only would you be able to send to send those abandoned cart emails, you can also edit them and really bring your brand to life using them. Email marketing apps are super handy to send newsletters, welcome emails, thank you emails and so much more. I've recommended a couple for you below.

• Seguno

• Free to use up for up to 250 subscribers.
    • Send unlimited emails.
    • Editing templates will feel familiar as they use editors similar to Shopify's Theme Editor.
  • Klaviyo

• Free to use up for up to 250 subscribers.
    • Sell more with pre-built email flows, including abandoned cart and winback emails.
    • Combine data from Shopify and other leading apps to segment your audience and send super-targeted, personalized email campaigns.

I'd also recommend checking out Shopify Compass. Shopify Compass provides you with free webinars and courses on things like store design, marketing and more. You can use Shopify Compass to help with your email marketing campaigns and show customers your brand.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

fabbbles
5 0 0

Hi @Miles, I am also interested in being able to send a second email for abandoned carts. May I know if this feature has been prioritised please?

I have also downloaded the Seguno app to my Shopify store to have a look. The interface looks simple to use, but it looks like the email templates will have to be recreated in Seguno rather than importing the existing ones from the Shopify notifications section.

May I also check if I want to use Seguno moving forward, does this mean I will have to explicitly disable all notifications from the Shopify notifications section after I enable them in Seguno, in order to prevent my store from sending double emails, is this understanding correct?

Thanks in advance for the advise.

fabbbles
5 0 0

Just to update the thread, you will need to upgrade to a paid plan on the Seguno app if you want to automate sending multiple emails for abandoned checkouts. Would have been good if this was highlighted before I started spending about 2 hours creating and testing my email template.

Also, it looks like the app only works with subscribed users who abandoned their carts, and may not work with non-subscribers who abandoned their carts. If this is the case, then it the app wouldn't be very effective as the whole purpose of sending abandoned cart emails was mainly to cold contacts/first time purchases for conversions.

Didn't get to test this as mentioned above, but seeing that the app only imports subscribed email addresses and keeps using the term subscribers, I am led to believe this is the case.

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 156

Hi, @fabbbles!

I use Seguno myself, and can confirm the abandoned cart email will send to all abandoned carts no matter if they're subscribed or not. Seguno - and most other email marketing apps - know that the purpose of abandoned carts is to reclaim lost carts, so they ensure all abandoned carts receive the email. This is subject to the normal requirements such as the customer entering reaching the shipping page so the system captures their data.

In regards to the subscription component I apologise for not letting you know of the paid requirement. Check out a full list of email marketing apps in the App Store to see if you can find one that fits your needs. All apps will tell you upfront of free features and what features are disabled unless on a paid plan.

If you need further guidance or assistance, please let me know.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.