How to send checkout/payment link for existing orders?

320hss
Tourist
5 0 1
oh man, super big Thank you for taking the time to reply to the post, we
will definitely try this work around.
0 Likes
Jamesla30
Tourist
3 0 2

The thing that irritates me the most about invoicing customers is that the email request ALWAYS seems to go into the customer's spam folder. And many times business security filters reject the message altogether. Such a pain. We love using shopify payments because of the low processing rates, but its such a pain to collect payment from customers who aren't purchasing through our website. We used paypal payments pro for a while and we could literally put a payment portal on our website that customers could access and send us a credit card payment for any amount. It was just a simple form they fill out and the funds are processed and posted. Having to create a draft order, send the invoice, tell the customer to check their spam folder, then click the link to process payment is such a PAIN. Come on Shopify, you can do better. Make an easy to access payment portal for businesses to integrate into their website, without any link to a shopping cart or draft order. PLEASE!!!

320hss
Tourist
5 0 1

Totally agree!!

We just enter in the phone number for paypal and it's on thier phone...

I hope Shopify works it out soon and gets rid of this pain..Happy Holiday to everyone!

0 Likes
blingmebaby
Tourist
11 0 3

I actually discovered a new way on how to do this that is MUCH easier!  

I have an iphone but steps should still be the same!

Download the Shopify app

Click "Orders" at the bottom

Click "Draft" orders (if you manually invoice like I do)

Select the invoice that you sent to the customer

Click the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the invoice

Click "Share checkout link"

This will automatically pull up your share applications such as email, facebook etc....   Just choose your share option of choice and viola!

They need to implement this for desktop but works like a champ through a mobile device

0 Likes
320hss
Tourist
5 0 1
oh Right on!!!
I'm going to try this on the next draft order.
We have brick and mortar and send draft orders to people we talk to on the
phone. If this works it will make it super easy. Thank you!!!
0 Likes
blingmebaby
Tourist
11 0 3

Yes!  Work like a charm!  My customers keep telling me they don't get the emails (spam folder etc) so I have been sending them their checkout links this way for the last month to test it out and I am now sending them their links in Facebook messenger so I KNOW they are getting them and it has been working great!  I wanted to follow-up here and share

Jamesla30
Tourist
3 0 2

Thank you for mentioning this. I actually just checked and you can do the same thing for desktop users.... what you have to do is first complete the draft order and "email invoice" to the customer, but make sure to cc yourself on it. If you open that payment request email, you will see the "complete your purchase" button. Just right click and "copy the hyperlink" for that button. It is the exact same link that the mobile method above provides. I am going to go ahead and start using this method as all of the invoice emails go to our customers' junk folders anyways. I am hoping this direct link won't go to their spam. 

Shopify should really create a way for you to access this "checkout link" without having to first email the draft order. So you would just create the draft order, then there would be a link you can click to copy and email that to your customer for payment request. Much easier and no requests going to spam folders.

Come on Shopify!! Step up your game.

0 Likes
320hss
Tourist
5 0 1
Awesome, I was wondering about desktop
Super Big Mahalo for sharing!!!
0 Likes
Kristisbling
2 0 1

Thank you so much for the followup! I was so frustrated their was not a hyperlink I actually emailed Shopify months ago to request a change. Unfortunately the guy did not have a great answer. I know what I will be doing in my down time. Getting that link from my app chilling and working until Shopify can create a simple hyperlink somewhere! Shopify you can do better here!!