How to send checkout/payment link for existing orders?

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 8

Hi,

For draft orders one can send a checkout link via email that will allow the client to enter payment details for the order. I would like to use this functionality for normal orders. Is this possible?

Just a little background, we create orders via the orders api with no payment details. Once certian checks are done we would like to send a link to the client to pay for the order.

Regards,

Joe

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
120 0 26

Hey Joe!

Yes, you can definitely do this with draft orders. With the Create an Order feature you can build a custom order and email it to the customer so they can enter their billing details and checkout with the order. Here is our Doc on Creating Orders if you want to have a look through! https://docs.shopify.com/manual/your-store/orders/create-orders

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 8

Hi Jennie,

Thanks for the response. I actually need this email functionality for normal orders. Is this possible?

Regards,

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have sent a draft order to a customer via email throught Shopify, and its not allowing them to checkout. There seems to be a glitch.

Please help. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I get orders from Japan often and so many of them contact us via Instagram. Most of the Japanese do not know their email address and it's just a pain for them either create on or find the address. I guess they use their phone numbers. Anyways I would like to know if we are able to send a link for the draft orders we create. I tried using the url that is sent out but that didn't work. I cant send it to their phone because it an international number.

Can we send links to the draft order? Any suggestions for work around?

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0
Could you get a reply to how to send link of draft order ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
I would love to know this too! Anyone?
0 Likes