How to send the gift card to an specif email

WasWooCommerce
Excursionist
13 0 14

Totally agree on the recipients email address - it's a gift card for someone else (not the customer purchasing it). Duh, doh!

Come on Shopify dev team - this is a no brainer to add in an email address for the recipient. I can't think of a platform that doesn't have this most basic of functions.

I constantly sit here in wonderment at the gross lack of basic functionality in Shopify. Great platform but how on earth do "real" customers use it?

And don't get me started on the collections logic issues - all I want to do is to include a tag and exclude a tag for a collection. Oh my goodness.

bodytruth
Tourist
3 0 3

I agree this is ridiculous! It's such a pain in the ass when people want to gift others. It's been a crappy experience for me during the busy Christmas season. It should be a complete and seamless process. It's greed imho for Shopify to offer a half ass service. They collect money for the gift cards and we have to spend unnecessary time or extra money to get those cards to the intended recipients! Shameful!!!!

Jakobi
Tourist
5 0 3

Hello,

Do you have any plans to bring your gift card checkout process up to the year 2021? Sending gift cards directly to the recipient is a must-have feature and nearly all e-commerce websites offer this. Thank you.

shaym1012
1 0 4

Come on Shopify. Seriously, get it together!  I spent 2 months rebuilding our website, moving from Squarespace to Shopify, so that we could offer Direct-to-Consumer sales.  I have had to add expensive plug-ins to offer curbside delivery vs. local home delivery options with calendar options, which is the only reason why I made the switch to Shopify.  Squarespace did not have this option.  Now I am getting requests for gift certificates and cannot believe that especially now, during a Pandemic when people cannot have contact with each other, the leading sales platform for websites (Shopify), does not offer a proper system for selling/ordering/emailing gift certificates.  This is NOT good enough and you need to get to get this figured out! 

Jakobi
Tourist
5 0 3

Hello,

What is Shopify's plan to update their gift card system so we can have customers that can send gift cards directly to the recipient? Any updates?

Bulxar
Excursionist
22 1 6

PLEASE USE PAID APP FOR THAT

laughing-bonobo-crop.jpg

WasWooCommerce
Excursionist
13 0 14

Very good and on target for Shopify's support for basic functionality. "We will feedback to our dev team and this might be added as a feature at a later date". Does this come with the pie in the sky, a long stand and a left handed spanner?

StacyMGC
Tourist
4 0 1

+1 on this is basic functionality, the ENTIRE POINT of sending a gift card is to gift it to someone else, the exception would be to purchase it for oneself.  Not only does this not function correctly it is really confusing, I just added the gift card to my store and then proceeded to pretend to buy one to see what the customer experience would be like and almost completed the transaction because I was sure that I'd be coming to a page asking me where I wanted it to be sent.  Shopify please HELP!!!!!!

bodytruth
Tourist
3 0 3
Shopify isn’t going to help. It’s one of the myriad of ridiculous
functionalities that makes no sense! They created it knowing this would be
the case and many of us have already expressed concern. They’re not going
to change it until people start bailing from their platform. I’m working on
that myself.... bailing.

I’ve been with Shopify for around 6 years.
Jackson_McLean
Excursionist
17 0 8

I just had a customer complain about this and decided not to buy the gift card. Shopify please fix this.

0 Likes