How to send the gift card to an specif email

2 0 0

Hi,

Is there a way to send the gift card to an especific email that the client specifies?

Thank you

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
277 26 47

Hey, Luis!

I'm Lizzy, one of the Gurus on the support team at Shopify.

When a customer purchases a gift card it will automatically be sent to the email address that they used to checkout. However if you are wanting to send a gift card directly to a customer, without them passing through the checkout, you can do so from your admin. 

This page from our help center explains the steps to generate a gift card and send it to your custom... The full code will be visible to you when you generate the card, but after that it will only be available for the customer that you've sent it to.

Does that help? If you have any other questions about it let me know. You can give us a call too or start a live chat at any time. We're here 24/7 and are always happy to help out!

Thank you, :)
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Lizzy, thank you so for your answer.

I think I explained wrong, let me try it again:

I want the customer to have the ability of sending the gift card to an specific email other than the email he used for the checkout process,  is  it possible?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
277 26 47

Hi Luis,

You customers will only be able to enter one email address during checkout. Which is where the gift card will be sent. It is sent as a link in an email however, so if they were wanting to send it on to another person or address they could forward the email, or share the link.

You can resend a gift card to your customers from the admin, if they've sent it to an email address that they don't have access to. You can action that from the back end, by going to Products>Gift Cards and hitting "resend gift card."

The last thing I wanted to mention is that if your orders are not set to auto-fulfill you will need to send the gift card to your customer from the order page. You can check your fulfillment settings under Settings>Checkout. 

If you are not set up to auto-fulfill and a customer has contacted you to let you know they would like a gift card sent to a different email address, you can update the customer's contact information before sending the gift card. Keep in mind though, that this will change the customer's contact information in their customer profile as well.

Does this help to answer your question? If I haven't answered it fully, let me know! :)

Lizzy | Shopify Guru

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi Luis!

I had the same question a few months ago! I am now using rise.ai (https://apps.shopify.com/rise-ai) which is a shopify app that allows customers to send gift cards directly from the customer to the recipient. It also has a really simple customer experience, it is easy to set up, and it looks great on my website. :)

Hope this helped!

Best,

Gaby

0 Likes