Solved

How to separate shopify email from customer contact support email?

iamutkarsht
Visitor
3 0 0

Let's say I have 2 email address:
1) someshopifystore@gmail.com <- This one is connected to the shopify store.
2) support@someshopifystore.com  <- This account is the one where I want to correspond with my customers via contact form

I want to keep these two accounts separate to separate concerns.
I want to manage my store with 1st email address and contact with customers with 2nd email address. But based on the menu options (as shown in image attached), it doesn't seem possible.  It says, "Shopify and yours customers will use this imformation to contact you". Does it mean I can only use just one email address for both purposes?
email.png

Could someone please help? 

Accepted Solution (1)

Lizzy
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 57 178

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @iamutkarsht!

Lizzy here, I’m a Shopify support Guru. I'd be happy to help clear this up!

The text on this side of the page refers to the entire section, sort of like an introduction to the area that you can edit!

11-33-f84sp-wl3vu

The Store Contact Email is the one that we will send you emails to and Customer Email is the one that your customers will receive their order confirmations from, as well as any other emails that you send out from your store.

There is a third spot for an email in your Shopify account, and that is under Settings>Account(Plans and Permissions). This email address is the one that you use to log in. It is also the one that you will need to use to verify your account or receive billing related emails. It sounds like you will want to use email #1 for this and the Store Contact Email. Email #2 would be good for the Customer Email field on this page.

Are you setting up contact forms on your website using the built-in Shopify option ? If so, the submissions will automatically be sent to the email address you have in the Customer Email field!

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions about what I've said here.

Thank you,
Lizzy

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Lizzy
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 57 178

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @iamutkarsht!

Lizzy here, I’m a Shopify support Guru. I'd be happy to help clear this up!

The text on this side of the page refers to the entire section, sort of like an introduction to the area that you can edit!

11-33-f84sp-wl3vu

The Store Contact Email is the one that we will send you emails to and Customer Email is the one that your customers will receive their order confirmations from, as well as any other emails that you send out from your store.

There is a third spot for an email in your Shopify account, and that is under Settings>Account(Plans and Permissions). This email address is the one that you use to log in. It is also the one that you will need to use to verify your account or receive billing related emails. It sounds like you will want to use email #1 for this and the Store Contact Email. Email #2 would be good for the Customer Email field on this page.

Are you setting up contact forms on your website using the built-in Shopify option ? If so, the submissions will automatically be sent to the email address you have in the Customer Email field!

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions about what I've said here.

Thank you,
Lizzy

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Vaggi_Store
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi Lizzy,

I have a question related to this topic.

I would like to separate the Order email (email account from which Shopify will send all orders related emails) from the Info email (email account that receive email from the Contact Us form).

How can I do it?

Thanks,

Connie

PBRICHARDSON
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Lizzy,

That's exactly what we'd like to do, and I'm sure we're not alone. I haven't found a way of doing it yet, have you?

Any Shopify gurus out there able to help us with this?

Regards,

Paul

hradmin
Visitor
1 0 1

I would like this also. It's weird for the customer to receive email from say "orders@xyzstore.com" when they contacted via the contact form. The problem is Shopify provides only one email entry to communicate with the customers, for orders as well as contact form. Shopify support, if you see this, is there a way to do this or are you planning to introduce a second email option?

matt151
Visitor
2 0 0

Yes, it makes no sense. Either you have to use info@store.com for support or customers will have to get order confirmation etc. from support@store.com

Shimmy121
Visitor
1 0 0

I have a question related to this topic.

I would like to separate the Order email (email account from which Shopify will send all orders related emails) from the Info email (email account that receive email from the Contact Us form).

How can I do it?

why didnt you reply to any of these