How to set a minimum total purchase amount when customer is adding a particular item to cart

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi,

I have to set some products at discount sale or sell it free. If any customer is adding such products, I want to set a minimum total purchase amount to some value , say 500USD. How to do that in shopify. I am using Supply theme

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 58 120

Hey, @vtraghu!

My name is Lizzy and I’m from the support team at Shopify.

Am I correct in understanding that you'd like to offer these products at a discount or for free only when a customer has reached a certain total in their cart? If so, there are a few ways that you could set this up!

First of all, you could use automatic discounts. With an automatic discount, you can set up a discount which will be applied at the checkout whenever a customer has reached the minimum requirement. The set up would look something like this:

04-24-ky4as-2bw8u

You will be able to set the minimum for specific products, if there are certain products you'd like customers to buy to get this discount, or for collections! If you'd like the discount to apply to all products on your store, you can apply it to an All Products collection.

Secondly, you could us an app to set up order minimums on your shop. This way nobody would be able to check out without spending at least that minimum. I'll list a few of the options below!

Minimum Orders
MinCart ‑ Min Max order limits
Order Limits (MinMaxify)

Will these products be available to purchase as well, or are they only offered at the discount/free pricing with the purchase of other goods?

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Actually I want just reverse. When customer picks one such free item, I want them to drive for more purchases to reach a minimum cart value to avail that free gift

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks for your mail. I managed to implement it in mycart by disabling buy button to meet the min cart value set when any such items were there in the cart( which was tagged as FREEGIFT). May not be a cleaner solution, but works for time being

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 58 120

Ah I see! Thank you for the clarification. In that case an automatic discount will still work, as they would need both the free product and the rest in their cart to match the total set for your discount to activate.

I'm also very happy to hear that you were able to find a solution that works for your business for now! If you are interested in giving the discount option a go, don't hesitate to let me know and I'll be happy to help you get it set up.

Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
67 0 0

Let's check this app for solving the minimum and maximum limitations on store products. Shopify maximum order quantity app conveniently manages the store products item, quantity, and amount. Online store always set a restriction in form mini and maxi quantities. Store owners can control the over and underselling problems. The customer can’t leave the store without filling the requirements of the minimum order. 

305ff4353e00022fc0a83b43ee9f6c61

0 Likes