How to set up Shopify from the UAE

4 0 0

Hi, hope you are well. Can you please inform me on how to set up shopify from the UAE.

Can the online account be linked to a UAE bank account?

Also will shopify accept document from UAE offshores such as DMCC, RAK OFFSHORE, JAFZA, etc?

In other words it is possible to set up shopify from the UAE?

Thanks.

Warmest regards

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
63 0 9

Hey, there!

My name is Alice and I'm a part of the Guru team here at Shopify, and I'd be happy to help you out with getting your store set up from the UAE.

Setting up a store from the UAE would be like setting up a store from anywhere Shopify is supported, you can start a free 14 day trial here, with some details about the business and the current status of your business.

In relation to the Payment Gateways you can link up, you can see the supported gateways here  !  These gateways would be able to be used alongside UAE bank accounts.  If you had wished to use Shopify Payments as a gateway, however, this isn't possible from the UAE.

I hope that helps and if you have any other questions or need anything at all, please let me know and I’ll do all I can to help! ?

0 Likes
4 0 0

Thanks for the reply.

All noted, yes i wanted to use shopify to receive payments.

Here the cost is extremely high to set up as the gov requirment and get a payment gateway accepting your company.

Thanks anyhow.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
52 0 27

Hi AmatoDubai,

This is Jan from Sufio. 

I noticed this thread is slightly outdated, but seeing as your store is UAE-based, you must be aware of the introduction of VAT in UAE as of January 01, 2018. Have you set up UAE taxes in your Shopify store yet? 

I'm also linking you a simple VAT guide for GCC Shopify stores so you can better understand the new tax system and how to be legally compliant in just a few minutes.

Hope I helped a little. :)

Jan @ Sufio, invoicing app for Shopify

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hey Amato,

I have just read through your post and wanted to ask if you have found a proper solution for the high fees in UAE/ in other words have you decided to go with Shopify or have you changed to any other platform? I have found no other information on that topic just this article right here: https://www.business24-7.ae/shopify-uae

0 Likes