How to set up minimum order quantities for two different products?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi guys.

I am planning to open a Shopify store for a client of mine but there's one condition that I am not sure how to set up and if it's possible at all.

Basically, I need to set up that, in order to checkout, a customer needs to buy AT LEAST two products. If they have purchased only one product, the purchase can't be completed. Now, figuring out how to do that for a single product (minimum order quantity) is not a problem, but it needs to be set up in a way that the customer can purchase two different products and that's somethig I have trouble with. To make things clear - an user can checkout whether they selected at least two same or two different product. The main thing is that they have to select at least two items. If it helps, all the items will have the same price.

Is there a way to set up that they have to purchase at least two items, whether it's the same or two completely different items? Any help is appreciated :).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
57 0 7

Hey Marko,

Your best bet for setting this one up would be via the Order Limits app (MinMaxify). This app will allow you to set up a minimum number of total items in the order for allowing checkout. 

Hope this helps you out! :)

Stephen B.
Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Stephen, thank you for your help. Judging from app's description, this should solve the problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi guys,

We had the same issue and used MinMaxify for our clients online store for about a year. However, our client had some issues and suggested that we developed our own app that does the same and more and is more focussed on user friendliness. We're currently looking for beta testers, which allows us to make the app even better and eliminate bugs.

If you're interested, please contact Nobokaay (app developers) and let them know you're interested in beta testing Order Limits for Shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
30 0 5

You should check out this post. With product metafields, you can accomplish this. It's free.

https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussion/t/solved-how-to-set-up-minimum-order-quantities-f...

WOTIO App: https://apps.shopify.com/automatic-account-invites
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Here is what MinMaxify Support responded back to me with:

First of all I need to clarify that our group limits functionality only applies it's minimum to the product belonging to the same group.
So once a customer added a "cream" to their shopping cart, our script is supposed to make them add 2 more items with "cream" in their title be able to checkout.
If you were expecting our app to make them add some other random items, then I'm afraid our app is not what you require.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
66 0 0

Extendons Shopify minimum order amount app facilitates the owner to put the restrictions on the cart and specific products. The owner can set limitations on products store orders helping you to manage store sales. The stock can be managed by setting limitation on order quantity. The odd and even series help to increase store sales. The Shopify maximum order quantity app available at reasonable prices.

305ff4353e00022fc0a83b43ee9f6c61.jpg

0 Likes